Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

waters gone?

(11 Posts)
claireL1991 Mon 21-Mar-16 17:16:17

Hi all,

How do you know the difference between your waters breaking and having wet yourself?

I'm 35 weeks and am due to be induced in two weeks due to Polyhydramnios and Diabetes.

Just got out of the bath, sat down on the bed and felt a very very small trickle but I'm not sure where it came from!

I got up and there was a small puddle on the bed, I smelt it (eww!) and can't even work out what it smells like.

I was under the impression that with Polyhydramnios when your waters break it goes everywhere, not just a little trickle, is this right?

I've put a pad on and will see if I lose anymore. I'm certain I've probably just wet myself but want to be reassured.

Thanks in advance, sorry about the TMI!

Claire x

Sanch1 Mon 21-Mar-16 17:43:10

When my waters went it felt like a pop and then there was a massive gush, it was unmistakable! It can trickle though, apparently it smells quite sweet, a bit like semen, so give it another sniff. Call your midwife if youre really concerned.

ShowOfHands Mon 21-Mar-16 17:46:52

It's most likely bath water which was trapped! If it's waters, they'll continue to leak.

I had polyhydramnios and yes, there was no mistaking it. I lost it in gushes but massive and unmistakable gushes.

AdvocateNotAdvocat Mon 21-Mar-16 17:50:10

It might be a hindwater leak OP which means some of your waters have gone but the rest remains intact. Please contact the maternity triage where you are booked. They should invite you in and assess you.

claireL1991 Mon 21-Mar-16 17:51:48

Thank you so much for your replies, I hadn't thought about trapped bath water!

I'll keep an eye on it over the next few hours and see what happens.

Thanks again smile

Claire x

Dixiechick17 Mon 21-Mar-16 20:17:44

Mine started to trickle, and small gushes came out every time I got up then went with an almighty gush three hours later. So it is possible, but trapped bath water can produce a small puddle. Worth contacting triage, mainly because you have Polyhydramnios, they may want to check

ODog Mon 21-Mar-16 20:36:45

No idea about your condition as j have never heard of it, but when mine went it was a massive gush and I had literally no sensation or control over it. They then continues to go until I gave birth. It was actually a bit ridiculous how much water I seemed to have. Good luck with everything whatever happens.

sepa Mon 21-Mar-16 20:39:59

I wondered for 2 weeks or so if my waters had broken. I laughed when they actually went as there is no mistaking it - however, they did slightly leak about 45minutes before the big gush!

katienana Mon 21-Mar-16 20:42:57

I felt a pop with mine too and then a big gush when I sat down on the loo followed by the start of contractions!

cocochanel21 Mon 21-Mar-16 20:56:07

Mine went in the car park of my mum's care home EVERYWHERE.

I can remember DH and my sister face's as I screamed DO YOU THINK I'VE WET MYSELF.
DD2 was born 40mins later, thankfully we just made it to the hospital with minutes to spare shock.

claireL1991 Mon 21-Mar-16 21:54:37

Thanks ladies you've all made me feel a lot more reassured!

Nothing's happened since then so I'm going to put it down to trapped bath water, I think I was confused because it didn't smell like wee!!

Thanks again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now