Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

buggies

(11 Posts)
user1455661447 Mon 21-Mar-16 13:56:44

Hi I am 8 weeks pregnant and although this is probably a bit early, I've been thinking about what buggy we should buy! I'm looking for something light weight and good for the streets of London. So far I've liked the bugaboo bee the best, but I noticed that the baby zen yo yo is very highly reviewed. I was wondering what your recommendations might be? I really don't want to have more than one buggy so want to make the right choice when we do decide to purchase it. All opinions really welcomed and appreciated!

Diggum Mon 21-Mar-16 14:07:14

Babyjogger city mini GT is fabulous! We used ours from birth and DD is now 2 and still very comfortable in it.

One handed fold is amazing and it opens really easily. A dream to push. Forever air tyres, so smooth but no issues with punctures. Good on gravel too. Roomy basket for shopping. Hand-brake. Nice deep seat and a lively big good so I often don't need to put the raincover on if it's drizzling and we have a footmuff on. Very manoeuvrable and neat enough for city pavement use.

We bought little clippy straps on eBay to sit the seat forward more when she got old enough to be nosy, because it's a little bit reclined even when fully sat up.

You can get a carrycot to sit in it for when they're tiny but we didn't bother- it does lie flat for newborn use so we just got a nice cosy nest/buggy snuggle to nestle her in for the early weeks.

Diggum Mon 21-Mar-16 14:08:09

Lovely big hood, not lively big good. Should've proof-read!

Diggum Mon 21-Mar-16 14:09:08

Oh and you can get attachments for maxi-cost car seats for it too, though I never used these as rarely took the car out.

Kstar8 Mon 21-Mar-16 15:28:49

Sorry to high jack OP but I'm happy to hear Diggum's glowing review of the City Mini GT as this is what I have my eye on!

Diggum can you attach a photo or a link to what you picked up from ebay to adjust the seat? This is the one criticism I've seen a few times of the buggy, that it's still a bit reclined even in the most forward position and your solution sounds great!

TheCrumpettyTree Mon 21-Mar-16 15:59:38

I love my bugaboo bee and still use it for my toddler.

Mousefinkle Mon 21-Mar-16 16:24:42

Bugaboo bee all the way

Diggum Mon 21-Mar-16 21:59:06

Hope this link works. IIRC they were these exact ones.

www.ebay.ie/itm/Baby-Jogger-City-Mini-Sit-Up-Straps-Makes-Seats-Sit-Up-Straight-Single-Double-/380864129498

You loop one onto each side of the buggy and clip them in the middle.

They work best if you push the seat as far forward as it lets you and sort of shove/tuck the fabric that gathers at the top of the seat behind it. The little straps then clip together easily behind the seat and you can slide them up or down a bit along the bars to make it more or less upright.
It's hard to describe but works brilliantly and you can just pop them open if baby falls asleep to let it recline back again. They corrected my only real bugbear with the buggy😊

Kstar8 Tue 22-Mar-16 07:50:03

Thanks so much Diggum! That link is great. You've confirmed it for me! Just going to keep an eye on the prices now....!

Sezramum Tue 22-Mar-16 09:28:33

I wanted something suitable from birth, light weight and compact that would see me right through without having to buy a buggy later. I also went for the Babyjogger City Mini (not GT) and bought it here; www.babybabyonline.co.uk/brands/baby-jogger.html

I cant praise them enough. The lady gave me a brilliant discount on the package I went for which included the car seat. No one could come close to the price. They also deliver for free and will tell you exactly the day your pushchair will arrive.

I haven't used it yet (very soon though!) but my sister had the double version and loved it.

Artioo2 Tue 22-Mar-16 09:56:51

Another vote for the Babyjogger city mini GT here, it's great. We've had three pushchairs and it's my favourite - easy to fold, space underneath, light and very easy to steer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now