Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

33ish weeks and needing to wee 4/5 times per night. Is this normal?

(16 Posts)
ODog Mon 21-Mar-16 12:51:31

Just that really. Doesn't seem to be a huge issue during the day but I am waking up so often needing to wee at night. I think it was only once or twice a night when I was pregnant with DS. Bit worried there is an issue. No pain or anything but it is driving me mad!

nothanksbyenow Mon 21-Mar-16 12:53:32

It was normal for me! But I'm a regular pee-er in general.
Still often get up in the night (usually only the once though!).

almostthirty Mon 21-Mar-16 12:54:17

Completely normal. Just getting you used to being up all night!
Plus there isn't a lot of room in there anymore so puts extra pressure on the bladder when you lie down.

ODog Mon 21-Mar-16 13:13:49

Thanks ladies. I thought it was probably normal just didn't have it so extreme last time around.

CityMole Mon 21-Mar-16 13:19:03

I think it must depend on the person and the lie of the baby! I'm 34 weeks with my first and sometimes I can sleep right through, although it's becoming increasingly common for me to have to get up once at around 4am. During the day, however, I seem to need to pee every hour or so (although it is often very little that comes out- so annoying). So maybe I feel the bladder pressure more when upright and less when flat out.

CutYourHairAndGetAJob Mon 21-Mar-16 13:20:50

It was normal for me in both pregnancies but if it has started suddenly maybe mention it to your midwife as it could be a sign of gestational diabetes

TheFlyingFauxPas Mon 21-Mar-16 13:20:54

Use the opportunity to grab yourself a snack. I would go (toilet in basement 😞 ) and return with a slice of mandarin orange cheesecake 😊

wonkylegs Mon 21-Mar-16 13:25:28

I'm also 33wks and need to get up several times a night to pee, sometimes it's just the baby moving position on my bladder other times it's a proper wee.

CityMole Mon 21-Mar-16 16:03:36

I now REALLY NEED to get myself some mandarin orange cheesecake grin

BikeRunSki Mon 21-Mar-16 16:07:05

Perfectly normal. I was usually awake anyway.

frikadela01 Mon 21-Mar-16 16:15:19

I'm only 25 weeks and am up at least 3or 4 times a night. Sometimes literally half an hour after going. Baby is sitting very low apparently.

Littleelffriend Mon 21-Mar-16 17:18:41

I got up 12 times last night

Southy84 Mon 21-Mar-16 17:25:46

I was getting up once a night but as of this weekend (32 weeks today) I am now needing to suddenly go at least 4 times a night) and im waking up bursting too, which is awful because I can't get out of bed quickly because my back seizes when I lie down!! I am so tired!!

ODog Mon 21-Mar-16 20:12:25

Thanks all. It's gradually increased from 1/2 times per night to 4/5 and its defo worse when baby is active so I don't think it GD related.

Just a surprise when DS never gave me this trouble (he made up for it once he was out!). But I am carrying differently so I guess that has a bearing on things.

Flowzer Tue 22-Mar-16 10:04:00

My record was 17 times in one night!

ODog Tue 22-Mar-16 11:46:39

Oh good god flowzer. I would have cried!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now