Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

cyclogest pessaries

(24 Posts)
Weddingbelle13 Sun 20-Mar-16 14:41:59

I was prescribed cyclogest progesterone pessaries 800mcg per day to be used in the event of a BFP following a miscarriage in June last year after ttc for 30 months - I got my bfp today yay so called the midwife triage as they said start using straight away , any success stories ?

brookeberry Sun 20-Mar-16 16:27:22

Yes, me! I was recommended to take the same if I ever got pregnant again after 3 miscarriages. I took them as prescribed as soon as I found out I was pregnant and then up until 12 weeks. I'm now 36 weeks smile

Big congratulations to you flowers

Weddingbelle13 Sun 20-Mar-16 17:13:28

Thank you for letting me know that's reassuring - they are messy wee things aren't they lol

cheapredwine Sun 20-Mar-16 17:50:16

OP they are much less messy up the bum, and they can irritate the cervix if you do them in the vagina so am strictly a back door girl myself (IVF pregnancy, 25 weeks tomorrow - was initially on x3 a day, plus Gestone, been on x2 a day since 16 weeks but can finally start weaning off them tomorrow!!!!)

Frank85 Sun 20-Mar-16 18:00:02

Second the back door- less mess and fuss
I was on them to 37 weeks are part of my Ivf treatment and initially on quite a big dose which prevented miscarriage in the beginning as I had a huge bleed but was pregnant, then as a precautionary measure
Due in ten days!
Good luck

Weddingbelle13 Sun 20-Mar-16 18:07:26

Thanks guys - what sort of doses where you on ? I am on 2 x 200 morning and 2 x 200 night each day

cheapredwine Sun 20-Mar-16 18:51:03

wedding I was on x3 400mg a day (so first thing, about 2pm and then bedtime) from 2ww to 16 weeks then weaned down to x2 400mg a day (first thing and bedtime). You can get 400mg pessaries rather than having to do 2 200mg ones - I'd ask if I were you, especially if you do decide to do bum. They can be a bit sore after a while though you can use KY jelly if that helps. I was also on 2 vials of Gestone (which is liquid progesterone you inject in a muscle) a day from transfer until 13 weeks, forget what the dose was now. Wasn't the nicest injection but got quite blase about it in the end. Hope that helps

Weddingbelle13 Sun 20-Mar-16 18:58:15

I have to go to doctors tomorrow for more pessaries and an urgent consultant appt so I'll ask them for 400mg think I'll switch to bum then I think lol

bluemoonday Mon 21-Mar-16 09:34:15

I third the backdoor recommendation - much less messy and no cervical irritation (ie, bleeding in my case). I was on 3 x 400mg a day up until 14 weeks. Am now 16 weeks and fanny-bullet free!

almmummy Mon 21-Mar-16 10:55:29

Had Cyclogest with two pregnancies following a MMC - my little girl is 18 months and 37 weeks with baby number two. Good luck X

Weddingbelle13 Mon 21-Mar-16 14:44:24

Thanks all - went to go today she would not prescribe me the 400mg said to stick to 2 x 200mg twice per day - also said they must go up the front , really lost lol x

Frank85 Mon 21-Mar-16 19:59:04

Defo can go up the back
You loose most of it up at front and also the mess shockshock

crumble26 Mon 21-Mar-16 21:16:55

I had 2 miscarriages, then advised to take Cyclogest in subsequent pregnancies. I now have a 20 month old DS and a 12 week old DD. All the best for your pregnancy OP! x

Weddingbelle13 Mon 21-Mar-16 22:31:15

I'm so crampy :-( did any of you have that ?

cheapredwine Tue 22-Mar-16 06:25:01

OP no I haven't been crampy on them - how many weeks are you? Probably just things stretching and growing. It's so hard though isn't it? Wish you all the very best

Weddingbelle13 Tue 22-Mar-16 09:03:42

Hi I'm only 5 weeks just really panicky

mrsmugoo Wed 23-Mar-16 16:36:26

You can definitely take cyclogest up the bum - it says so on the box!

I took it twice a day from ovulation to 12 weeks pregnant as I had a short luteal phase and was struggling to get pregnant - worked first month.

Chocolatteaddict1 Wed 23-Mar-16 16:39:55

there is actually a video on YouTube where a young pharmacist is talking about how to administer them.

I'm on them 8 weeks pg

Weddingbelle13 Wed 23-Mar-16 21:25:35

Here's a question - I'm using them vaginally at the moment and when I pee it's very waxy as ive nearly found out I am pregnant ive been poas every day (obsessive I know ) my actual period was due yesterday so I was expecting the frer to be a bit darker but it looked lighter ? Still getting a preg 1-2 weeks on a digi what I'm wondering if could the waxy stuff be impacting on the test results ?

Weddingbelle13 Wed 23-Mar-16 21:26:29

*newly

mrsmugoo Wed 23-Mar-16 21:47:46

I highly doubt that seeing as the waxy residue is just a carrier for the active ingredient the progesterone hormone.

Your pregnancy test tests urine.

Totally separate confused

Weddingbelle13 Wed 23-Mar-16 21:57:19

Clutching at straws and trying to figure out what was happening - been ttc for 30 months with a miscarriage back in June I just want it so badly

mascaraisamust Thu 24-Mar-16 16:35:27

Me. The best thing I ever did was get them after my first mc, I did feel crampy but I think that's early pregnancy for you. Now nearly 24 weeks smile good luck! Remember CB are notoriously wrong and you need to add two weeks onto it, so 1-2 would be 3-4 weeks pregnant.

Strokethefurrywall Thu 24-Mar-16 21:43:05

I had cyclogest with both pregnancies from the day I peed on the stick. I'd had polycystic ovaries, a dodgy cervix etc so my OBGYN put me on them straight away to help support the pregnancie.

I think I only took them vaginally though and I remember being crampy but figured that was just down to things stretching about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now