Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity pay

(8 Posts)
MiniatureW Sun 20-Mar-16 13:41:05

Does anyone know the standard amount of time you have to be with a company to receive maternity pay?

I'm really worried- started my job in January and due in November x

Cakescakescakes Sun 20-Mar-16 13:44:21

If you aren't eligible for statutory maternity pay then you can claim statutory maternity allowance. It's the same amount I think and both are paid for by the government. Statutory maternity allowance also covers self employed people (me) who don't have an employer to claim from.

dementedpixie Sun 20-Mar-16 13:47:21

www.gov.uk/maternity-pay-leave/eligibility. Basically means you would have to have started work there before getting pregnant

MiniatureW Sun 20-Mar-16 14:02:56

Thank you so much- Just had a look at that and I'm entitled to SMP from my employer, just wondering if I get enhanced and how long I would have to be with them to get that. I guess I'd have to tell them to find out which I don't want to do just yet! Xx

StringTheory Sun 20-Mar-16 14:11:38

Enhanced will all depend on your employers own policy. So unless you can get hold of the policy without asking you will have to wait till you have told them.

MiniatureW Sun 20-Mar-16 14:56:52

That's what I thought....thank you smile

sophied1983 Sun 20-Mar-16 17:40:07

Mine is SMP after 26 weeks and employer enhanced package for 1 year +.

Trickytricky Sun 20-Mar-16 17:43:58

It will state this in your contract or employee handbook.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now