Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

the baby show

(7 Posts)
Ahappynewmummy Sat 19-Mar-16 23:34:38

don't know if I should post here but I have posted it on parenting too. I have a 9 week old and the baby show is coming to my area and I'm going to go but I was wondering if anyone else has been and can tell me what to expect so I know how much I need to save to spend on my little man (I'm a shopaholic when it comes to him).

nehagarg Sun 20-Mar-16 07:31:59

Baby shows have deals but not huge discounts. I found it more useful because everything was in one place and since I am 30 weeks with my first, it was useful to be able to rule out what i do need and whats a fad all in one go and test products like prams etc.

Didnt buy much from there. Only small things like changing mat, blankets etc. Also the talks were very useful.

Jenjen85 Sun 20-Mar-16 09:00:08

I'm currently pregnant with DC2 and went last weekend to the baby show and bought a couple of things. Got 2 free goodie bags that had useful things in also got 2 free bottles. There are things that are cheaper I got a feeding cushion for £12 rrp was £40 it's good to have a variety of stalls under one roof. They had a changing and feeding area where nappies were free. I went with my best friend who is sl so pregnant and we had a good day. Definitely worth a nosey

BergamotMouse Sun 20-Mar-16 09:28:51

I went to one the other week. Was really good to try our prams etc and we completely changed our minds about the one we wanted.

I would check who provides the stock though as it's probably mostly from one big company. Everything at ours was provided by a huge company called baby planet but having looked at the reviews of the company when we got home we instantly regretted ordering our pram. There were immediately issues as they gave us both carbon copies of the order so they had no record of it at all. On trying to change the colour they left a voicemail but didn't hang up and went on to be very rude about me.

Needless to say we have cancelled. So it might be worth checking that out before hand and of it's them and you don't want to take the risk of waiting 6 months for delivery I'd just buy the items you can take away on the day.

Ahappynewmummy Sun 20-Mar-16 11:00:13

was there stuff there for people who already have lo's. stuff for solids how to help with crawling walking or is it mainly stuff for pregnancy and new borns?

Jenjen85 Sun 20-Mar-16 11:05:41

There's a range of stalls with things for teething/feeding etc slings, clothes, toys. I wouldn't say it was just for pregnant or new mums there are things for toddlers too

Ahappynewmummy Sun 20-Mar-16 12:04:27

That's good then. he's going to be spoilt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now