Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Amazing vitamins/supplements?

(6 Posts)
MiniatureW Sat 19-Mar-16 19:30:47

Hiya

I've been lurking around the TTC forum and happy to be able to finally move to pregnancy!

Just found out I'm pregnant with my second baby, so far feeling well but know it's going to be a rough ride!

Apart from folic acid, I didn't really take any supplements during my first pregnancy. Just wondering if anyone took any vitamins/supplements which really took the edge off the tiredness and nausea? I've heard some can do wonders and now with a little one to look after whilst going through pregnancy I really want to give myself a helping hand!

X

dementedpixie Sat 19-Mar-16 20:02:18

It's advised to supplement with vitamin D as well as folic acid

Heirhelp Sat 19-Mar-16 20:09:10

No vitamins are going to help with nausea and tiredness. Folic acid and vitmanin D are recommended. You could take a general pregnancy multivitamin. I found pregnancycare rather than seven seas easier to keep down when I had morning sickness.

MiniatureW Sat 19-Mar-16 20:30:15

Thanks! Never heard about Vitamin D before, my doctor always just checked if I was taking folic acid! I'll have to get some!

I've read on here that some people find some vitamins actually make them feel worse, curious to see if there are any repeat offenders. It's good to know what to avoid!

whiteychappers Sat 19-Mar-16 20:35:07

Pregnacare made me feel even worse, now i just take folic acid with bit d and calcium. Nothing really helps with nausea or sickness though, just have to ride it out

whiteychappers Sat 19-Mar-16 20:37:28

These are the ones I take
www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Folic-Plus/25521011

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now