Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bleeding at 6 weeks....your stories good and bad

(17 Posts)
dervla001 Sat 19-Mar-16 15:24:25

So I'm 6+4 today by my dates and starting having some very light brown spotting on Tuesday which I wasn't concerned about as had a little in my first pregnancy. It continued the same way until yesterday at about 11am when I started to get period like cramps and red blood. I'm still bleeding red blood today but cramps have gone. Probably the same amount as my usual period and no clots just a few stringy bits (sorry if tmi). I have a scan with my EPU on Monday at 1130 and have prepared myself for the worst but wanted to know if anyone had a similar experience and what the outcome was?

Sunflower1985 Sat 19-Mar-16 15:52:17

Hello. Currently in the same boat at 7 weeks sad
In my first pg I had this at 9 weeks, was certain it was ectopic or mc and was devastated, but it wasn't and ds was fine.
I guess I'll just have to see what happens this time. Good luck op - whatever happens

spanky2 Sat 19-Mar-16 15:58:35

I had fresh blood with both dcs. I went for an emergency scan with ds1 and everything was fine. The doctor told me there is some bleeding with implantation and if you had a cut on your finger you wouldn't worry your finger was going to fall off.

dervla001 Sat 19-Mar-16 17:24:12

Sunflower, have you got a scan booked?

anotherbusymum14 Sat 19-Mar-16 17:29:47

I had bleeding with my kids. Lots of bleeding for one, it was a blood clot the same size as baby. Doctors said I could possibly lose baby and I didn't, baby was fine. Apparently that happens a bit.
I also had less bleeding for my other baby, different pregnancy, and I lost it. I don't really think there's any way to tell. Just don't give up hope as you never know for sure. Just assume you still have a healthy baby. Hope it goes well.

Floggingmolly Sat 19-Mar-16 17:32:06

All good - three times. A midwife told me they can't exactly tell you it's normal, because it obviously isn't, but it is incredibly common.
flowers

dervla001 Sat 19-Mar-16 17:49:49

Random question....is the scan painful/uncomfortable with it being vaginal?

Sunflower1985 Sat 19-Mar-16 19:27:02

Not got a scan booked, but the bleeding has gotten worse through the day. To me it doesn't feel right. Docs appointment on Thursday, so unless something else happens I'll wait til then.

When I've had internal scans in the past I don't recall pain, the key always being deep breaths.

cheapredwine Sat 19-Mar-16 20:20:36

Vaginal scans are absolutely fine, honestly, it's not wide or anything, seriously don't worry. Really hope everything goes ok for you OP

dervla001 Sat 19-Mar-16 20:49:28

Thanks for your support everyone.

Sunflower I have my fingers crossed for you. shamrock

fitzbilly Sat 19-Mar-16 20:54:20

I bled at four weeks (thought it was my period) then at six weeks which I went to the doctor for and he said to just wait it out, then at eight weeks. All bleeds were just one day of fresh blood then a little spotting for the next few days.

Am fourteen weeks now, got my scan next week.

Mummy2squish Sat 19-Mar-16 21:29:14

I bleed (brown small amount) and 7+6 and had a scan at the EPU. All was fine and doc said it was probably where baby was burying itself and getting comfortable.

I now have a wonderful 2yo son smile

Sending you lots of positive thoughts.

Rhian91 Mon 21-Mar-16 15:32:11

I had a bleed at 6 weeks, was very scared at the sight of the very red blood. Had an emergency scan the next day and got to see Lil one is fine. I will be 17 weeks tomorrow. Hope all is OK with you!

queenoftheworld93 Mon 21-Mar-16 20:40:52

I bled brown blood at 6 weeks for a few days. Had a scan at EPU at 7+3 and all was fine with the baby. Haven't had any more since the day after my scan.

elliej83 Tue 22-Mar-16 07:24:31

I bled at 6 weeks but it was more spotting than red blood. Have recently had the vagina scan. It was fine just uncomfortable I would say as she pressed quite hard in my cervix to try and find a reason for a bleed.

ThatsNotEvenAWord Tue 22-Mar-16 07:26:31

I had a random bleed at 6 weeks, had a transvaginal scan that showed all was fine, it was a little bit uncomfortable but nowhere near unbearable. I suspect my bleed was caused by constipation as your cervix is very delicate when pregnant. Hope all is well with you

Muskateersmummy Tue 22-Mar-16 07:36:52

I have had both a bad and a good experience of bleeding at 6 weeks. First time was searing pain, lots of red blood. I lost the baby.

Second time was less pain, but lots of red blood. Scanned, all ok. Continued to have many many many bleeds throughout the pregnancy and had a healthy baby girl
6 weeks early.... She's now nearly 4.

Fingers crossed. Get yourself checked asap, and rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now