Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just need a moan really... Sleep

(9 Posts)
socktastic Sat 19-Mar-16 09:42:25

As it says, just feeling really low and really lousy. 25 weeks and for the past week I've been averaging about 4 hours sleep a night. Nothing I do makes it any better. I'm finding it difficult to get comfy or I've got constant heartburn or all my sleepiness disappears when it's eventually bed time. I don't do daytime napping as I know it stops me from falling asleep at night time. My DH has now taken to going to sleep in the spare room as he ends up being kicked or pushed or lain on top of.
As a consequence I'm tired, a grumpy shit and constantly on the verge of tears. I've been sharp and snippy and not very nice to be around.
Just wish there was something I could take that would knock me out for a few hours and let me actually feel well rested.

delilabell Sat 19-Mar-16 09:56:51

Not much help but lots of sympathy. 33 weeks and sleep has started to improve.
I have naps whenever possible because my sleep is disrupted anyway whether I do or not so I might as well get some extra.
make sure when you're in bed awake you don't read ipad etc as it can disrupt your sleep even more.
Have you got anything for your indegestion?

socktastic Sat 19-Mar-16 10:11:26

I've got a massive bottle of gaviscon and I've dispensed with any spoons!

mellowyellow1 Sat 19-Mar-16 11:10:12

I was the same at that stage. Now nearly 38 weeks the sleep has improved but still up all night to use the toilet so we can't win. Apparently once the baby is here it's 10 x worse wahhhh! confused

rew0077 Sat 19-Mar-16 11:40:06

Good pillows to prop up to help with reflux
Gaviscon, rennies and water by the bed
I've got a mattress topper and long pregnancy pillow to help me get more comfy
I was crying as the hip pain was just miserable but the topper has pretty much cured it (so far!!)

Everythinggettingbigger Sat 19-Mar-16 20:19:52

30+4 and nothing but sympathy from me! Constant heartburn, been having really bad pains for nearly 6 weeks now (actually got monitored for pre term labour at 26 weeks) that wake me up on and off through the night, hip pain is hideous....matters topper and pillow don't help. ....throw in a 5 year old that still doesn't sleep through the night and just loves mummy's bed......still working 40+ hours a week (finish in 4.....bring it on!!!).....sometimes we just need a moan! Hope you are feeling better soon x

mascaraisamust Sun 20-Mar-16 07:57:42

Moaner here too, rib and back pain mainly. Can't sleep on my left for longer than 15 mins now because of it. Waking up and no position is comfortable despite my fort of pillows. Tried sleeping sat up last night, fail! Only 23 weeks so a long way to go!!

Snoopysimaginaryfriend Sun 20-Mar-16 09:00:49

Wish I could help. 32 weeks here and I haven't slept through the night for 30 of them for various reasons. Last night my legs were so restless and when that finally eased off at about 2am my nipples started itching and even now they feel like they're on fire.

If one more idiot tells me I need to enjoy my rest before the birth I will swing for them.

Lelizabeth1 Sun 20-Mar-16 09:31:41

I am 17 weeks and I can't sleep because of pain in my hips. It's been going on since about week 12. I've got one of those Long pillows which seems to help slightly but it's still so bad I wake up every half an hour ish and have to turn over. I also could punch people when they say get all the sleep you can now hahahhaaaaaa jokers!!! To quote shakira "my hips don't lie" They just f-ing hurt!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now