We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

help please x

(5 Posts)
sarahjacksonxx Fri 18-Mar-16 19:53:59

Right okay, here goes..

This will probably sound confusing to some people, i need some help its giving me a sore head and driving me up the wall thinking about this lol !! i have a normal cycle 26-28 days not really sure when i ovulate! i'm pregnant just now i had my first ultrasound on 15th march i measured 12weeks 6days makes me 13 weeks 2days today my period started sometime between the 16th-19th dec can't remember what day for sure but was in between there although the ultrasound goes back to the 16th dec, i got my due date 21st september i think i might have got pregnant later in my cycle i might not have but i have a feeling sometime on the 9th jan or a few days after, i got a positive on the 22nd jan can ultrasounds be out that much? & would my baby have measured smaller than normal at my 12 week scan? midwife said the baby is how it should be and the perfect size for 13 weeks, is there any chance at all i could have conceived on or after the 9th jan going by my due date? x

VocationalGoat Fri 18-Mar-16 19:58:04

Eh? confused

FuzzyOwl Fri 18-Mar-16 19:58:44

So if your last period was 19 December and you have a 10 day LP (which I do and lots of other women do, instead of the more common 14 day one) you could easily have ovulated around 6 January and then yes, the scan could be out by a few days.

sarahjacksonxx Fri 18-Mar-16 20:03:37

Would my baby not be measuring smaller though at the ultrasound?

FuzzyOwl Fri 18-Mar-16 20:20:37

The ultrasound bases what an average baby is at 12 weeks. Some are a few days older or younger. The scans aren't infallible but whatever your dating scan says is what your medical records will go with and how far along you will be classed as being throughout your pregnancy. Your baby is clearly fine and happily growing inside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now