Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Confused, advise please

(17 Posts)
Smith12345 Fri 18-Mar-16 08:48:51

Hi,

I'm new to this site (been looking at other people's posts for a while) and am looking for answers.

It is my first month ttc. I am 11 dpo and period should be due today. I have taken a couple of early tests and 1 today all coming back negative. My boobs were VERY painful around a week ago, I couldn't even put on a bra but only lasted a couple of days.
I have no period symptoms at all.

Would I be experiencing pregnancy symptoms if I were? Would the tests be positive?

Thank you for reading

SpeakNoWords Fri 18-Mar-16 08:59:59

Pregnancy symptoms are impossible to predict - some women get early symptoms, some don't get anything discernible for weeks. A negative pregnancy test means there is either no pregnancy hormone present or that the levels are too low to be detected by the test. The hormone level rises quickly, so if your period still hasn't come in the next couple of days, if you are pregnant you will get a positive test result soon.

unimaginative13 Fri 18-Mar-16 09:05:44

Stop symptoms spotting or you will make life very hard for yourself. Also your building up too much pressure in your two week wait.

You may be pregnant you might not be.

If your due today then test today and test again tomorrow if still nothing.

What tests are you using? And are you DTD at the right times?

whiteychappers Fri 18-Mar-16 09:07:29

I would say you would be super duper lucky to get pregnant on the first month of trying. My advice, don't get too caught up in it, it will take the fun out of it.

stumblymonkey Fri 18-Mar-16 09:11:14

No advice really but I have the same thing. I'm 3 days late when usually like clockwork and have lots of 'symptoms': tender breasts, spots on my chin that I never get, cramping which I never have with my period. Still testing negative.

The simple answer is while you can speculate there is absolutely no way to know what's going on until AF arrives OR you get a positive test.

I'm displaying all the classic early pregnancy symptoms however the same kind of hormones would be at play if I am just having a weird time with my hormones and my period is just late.

I am trying to chill out and just test once in the morning if AF hasn't arrived.

I'm as confused as you but nothing we can do except wait and pee wink

Penguinepenguins Fri 18-Mar-16 09:11:27

The joys of TTC and symptom spotting smile

I'm on month 4 following a miscarriage in November, I came off the pill and was waiting for a natural period to happen it didn't... we were just keeping it relaxed first time because we thought it would just happen when it happened, so I didn't really symptom spot but was exhausted and fluey a week before the BFP and two days before I ran down the stairs bra less and wanted to cry they were so saw.

Now we are desperate to put a baby back in here and symptom spotting sends me slightly crazy each month - am actually being quite good this month but it's really difficult to not POAS every five minutes smile

Typically speaking implantation will occur around 9dpo (can happen as early as 6dpo) and an early positive test will happen at 11/13/14 dpo depending on how much of the hormone and the pregnancy test.

This link will take you to a sanity inducing when I should test chart!

www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/pregnancy_test_calculator.php

If your cycles are short, you say 11dpo but period due did you use OPK to test if ovulation occurred? If you know your 11dpo I guess you have smile I'd wait a few more days if you can as it might take the full two weeks from ovulation to reach implantation.

FX for your BFP xx

Smith12345 Fri 18-Mar-16 09:56:33

Hello,

Thank you all for your replies, all helpful. We DTD when I was ovulating (used boots tests to determine) so could happen.

I just found it unusual that I have no symptoms, whether they are period or pregnancy. Weird. I shall keep you all updated!

I will test again in the morning. Also, what tests do you guys use? I currently have 2 different boots own brand ones and clear blue.

Thanks xx

Artioo2 Fri 18-Mar-16 10:09:46

It's not unusual to have no pregnancy symptoms by your period due date - in fact, the opposite is true, most women don't have symptoms this early.

Nicky333 Fri 18-Mar-16 10:16:30

And some people don't have symptoms at all. I'm 30 weeks and didn't have anything at all until I got a bump.

FifiRebel Fri 18-Mar-16 10:19:50

Hi - I got pregnant first month (not trying though). I also had sore breasts before I tested positive. Hope that gives you some hope! The tenderness was there a good week before positive test.

Penguinepenguins Fri 18-Mar-16 10:39:05

If your using clearblue then they will only pick up HCG at 25... Digitals from my various experience and from hearing others on forums can be a little more likely to give a false negative.

Try superdrug own (not tried myself but have heard other people say) or early response - both pick up at 10...

Amazon sell first response/early response at very reasonable prices and arrive quite quickly.

unimaginative13 Fri 18-Mar-16 13:22:42

Try super drug own brand they are the best ones I got my BFP one day before my period.

stumblymonkey Fri 18-Mar-16 14:06:15

Well I've ended up with AF arriving sad

Hope you get a better outcome!

Smith12345 Fri 18-Mar-16 14:18:53

Still no af will test again tomorrow. Thanks for all of your comments very helpful

sepa Fri 18-Mar-16 16:42:07

Whilst I was TTC I have every symptom possible for pregnancy. The month I had nothing was my positive pregnancy test!

It took 8 months for me to conceive.

I think to begin with you just need to just see how it goes for a few months and relax about it all (easier said than done)

unimaginative13 Fri 18-Mar-16 20:33:01

Also I find a tracker like Ovia better. I tracked for 3 months then DTD on the time it said and hey presto I fell pregnant first time.

Although I know I am extremely lucky with that.

Smith12345 Mon 21-Mar-16 20:53:23

Hi everyone
Still no af and still testing negative. Reaaallly confused now. Just thinking my period might be delayed due to stress as I'm moving house. But I am usually like clock work. Strange!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now