Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

weird cravings

(6 Posts)
fedupofpeppa Thu 17-Mar-16 11:55:09

Am 36 weeks pregnant and last night when I was running a bath I got an overwhelming urge to taste the bubble bath! grin I didn't but something in the smell made my mouth water. Proceeded to spend the next twenty minutes smelling the other soaps, shampoos and bubbles in the bathroom. Anyone else had this?

With my first pregnancy I craved ice and would sit and crunch ice cubes all day to the great annoyance of my husband. That turned out to be a common craving if you are anaemic though.

CityMole Thu 17-Mar-16 12:31:40

Watermelon and raw broccoli (am 33 weeks) but my BIG urge is to smell industrial smells- toilet cleaner, sponges, car exhaust fumes, new carpet smells. It's like a sexual urge and completely visceral.

Sunshine511 Thu 17-Mar-16 12:35:47

I've been eating the odd teaspoon of granulated sugar straight from the sugar tin! I was the same in my last pregnancy 😂

mmmminx Thu 17-Mar-16 17:56:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fedupofpeppa Thu 17-Mar-16 19:15:32

Haha glad it's not just me. Been trying out the soaps in the various bathrooms today but they aren't right. Looking forward to done more bubble bath when I get home

delilabell Thu 17-Mar-16 21:17:40

Flavoured water (lemon and lime flavour) I must drink 4 litres a day. Which means I'm weeing for England!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now