Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thoughts on finding out gender and HD live scans

(7 Posts)
backonthewagon Wed 16-Mar-16 09:13:26

HD scans are the new clearer version of 4D scans. Makes them look more real. https://youtu.be/c6vnWDrg0yY

Do you think they are no different than us having 2D scans where as our Mums had xrays? It is just technology updating as time goes on.

Or do you think it ruins the element of surprise and the magic of being handed your baby and finding out what they look like or if they are a boy or girl for the first time?

kiki22 Wed 16-Mar-16 10:08:57

I get the best I can afford it helps me bond ive never liked surprises.

Sunshine511 Wed 16-Mar-16 11:14:03

I think it's such a personal choice and there is no right or wrong. I have personally chosen not to find out the sex and not to have a 4D/HD scan. I felt as though I'd rather see their face for the first time and find out the sex on the day they're born. I know others feel that knowing has allowed them to bond better and to prepare in terms of stocking up on all things pink or blue. I say just do what feels right for you smile x

Kitkatmonster Wed 16-Mar-16 11:15:15

Personal choice. There's no right or wrong here.

backonthewagon Wed 16-Mar-16 16:27:05

I am the same as you Sunshine.

skankingpiglet Thu 17-Mar-16 09:11:17

With DD we opted for a surprise, which was lovely (although a bit confusing as the surgeon just dangled her bum over the curtain for us to 'see', and as nobody had told us babies are born with swollen bits we weren't 100% what we were looking at!). This time we chose to find out, which is also lovely, but in a different way. If we were to have a third (it's not going to happen) I don't know whether I'd find out again or not though tbh. It makes no difference from a buying perspective for us and the surprise is lovely, but this time we have only had to argue about one name, and can talk to DD about her little sister by name which will hopefully help the transition for her.

As for private scans we have chosen not to both times as mostly I find them a bit creepy-looking and I'd just rather spend the money on other things. That is not to be disparaging of those who chose otherwise, it was just our choice. I can see it must be pretty cool seeing them properly rather than just a grainy black and white image, and I completely get the want to see them more regularly than 12wks and 20wks and then the rest of your life. The technology is impressive I agree. I wonder what scans will be like for our children? Perhaps 3D holograms or similar?

anastasiakrupnik Thu 17-Mar-16 23:45:00

For our kids' kids they'll be coming home with a 3D printed model baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now