Talk

Advanced search

Stretch marks in subsequent pregnancies

(11 Posts)
MyBreadIsEggy Tue 15-Mar-16 15:51:41

I was quite lucky in the stretch mark department when I had DD, I ended up with about 10 marks all in the same area that appeared at about 37 weeks (where her little bottom was poking out in the week before she was born!).
DH and I were discussing it, and I have a theory that as my skin has already stretched to that point before scarring, surely I will only get more stretch marks with this pregnancy if my skin stretches beyond the point of the stretch marks I already have?!
Am I being ridiculous? Or could there be some truth in my theory?

Everythinggettingbigger Tue 15-Mar-16 16:38:14

no idea....I would like to think theres some truth in it as im now 30 weeks with number 2!!

MyBreadIsEggy Tue 15-Mar-16 18:36:05

My stretch marks from dd1 have only just reached the point where they are only noticeable in certain lights, so now I'm pregnant with dc2, I'm dreading turning into a stripey tiger all over again!!

Annabrooke90 Tue 15-Mar-16 19:53:49

I got a few on my hips with ds1 as I was teeny prior to pregnancy and gained 4st. However my following three boys I got no more at all.

Beansprout30 Tue 15-Mar-16 20:03:32

Has anyone used coco butter? I've been rubbing it in since I found out I was pregnant and hope it helps with the stretch marks

MyBreadIsEggy Tue 15-Mar-16 20:10:16

I used coco butter all the way through last time, and I didn't get any stretch marks until 37 weeks when madam decided to stick her little bottom right out - I got about 10 marks in an almost perfect circle hmm

WellTidy Tue 15-Mar-16 20:13:46

I've had two babies. First was 8 lb 8 oz, and I didn't get any stretch marks until 39 weeks. He was born at 40+10. Second baby was 9 lb 5 oz. He was born at 40+1. I got loads more with him than I did after my first pregnancy. I don't know whether this was because he was bigger though. They appeared all over the middle of my tummy, below and above my belly button. They faded, but my skin stays very loose in that area, whereas I had a goat tummy after I lost my pregnancy weight after my first baby. I used loads of creams throughout.

CallMeMousie Tue 15-Mar-16 20:14:24

I got no stretchmarks with DS1 (9lbs+, born on due date) but got them with DS2 (10lbs+, induced 12 days post due date) - they all appeared after the due date had passed, gutted!

MyNameIsSuz Tue 15-Mar-16 20:19:02

Hmm, sorry to do this to you but I was just the same as you with my ds, got a few tiny marks under my bellybutton right towards the end, which faded quickly into nothing. I'm currently 41 weeks (sob!) with dc2 and I've got bloody loads this time! Well, comparatively. Dark red ones all around my stomach and up the sides.

I'm not sure what the difference is, as I thought a lot of it was to do with genetic make up. I'm also using the same palmers tummy butter as last time, and haven't put on more weight this time. I am 3 years older though (but not exactly ancient at 31), carrying much lower down, and doing less exercise. I'm not super bothered as nobody really sees my stomach anyway except dh, but I was pretty surprised anyway.

Hopefully you'll escape it though!

Scoopmuckdizzy Tue 15-Mar-16 20:28:53

I didn't get any with 1 and 2 and I'm using mama mio tummy butter and oil religiously this time but already at 25 weeks far bigger than I was before and thinking if I'll get them it will be this time.

caker Tue 15-Mar-16 20:45:10

I got a few (maybe 5) after my due date last time, this time I have loads! I'm disappointed. I used bio oil both times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now