Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Link between lots of movements and irritable baby!?

(6 Posts)
brookeberry Tue 15-Mar-16 12:53:05

I just read that loads of moving about (like my LO) could mean a more irritable baby. Just adding this the list of things to worry about. I'm 35 weeks with DC1. Anyone with more experience got anything to say about this?

Thank you smile

Whatdoidohelp Tue 15-Mar-16 12:54:07

Unless you read it as a conclusion to medical research paper I would ignore it.

squizita Tue 15-Mar-16 13:11:13

The stress and medical risk that comes with a baby that doesn't move much (you cannot tell if all is well) far outweighs this.

Also, if it's DC1, how on earth do you know what "a lot" is? The old counting methods are massively flawed. In addition, if they move against the placenta you don't see/feel that, so without a 24/7 scan you just won't know!

SevenOhTwo Tue 15-Mar-16 13:35:06

This is a good article that cites a number of studies on what fetal movements might predict.

SevenOhTwo Tue 15-Mar-16 13:38:46

In short - lots of strong movements sounds like a 'good' thing - slightly correlated with less fussing as a baby, less frustration at 1year and more independent play at 2y. More weak movements however, slightly correlated with more crying and fussing as a baby. If I've read that right.

FirstTimeInForever Tue 15-Mar-16 15:35:08

My second DS was completely mad whilst still 'inside'. I had lots of scans whilst pregnant, sometimes twice weekly and the sonographer was amazed at how much he was moving. He often did a full 360 degree flip whilst being scanned...the distortion in my belly was amazing as he was still flipping at 32 weeks! I was booked in for a section in any case, which was a good thing, as he carried on moving wildly until he was delivered at 37 weeks. He never got into head down position and never engaged. He'd be in a completely different position every time they checked.

He was the happiest, most content little baby once he was born. Still a bit of a whirlwind aged 5 though! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now