Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help with bag check :/

(25 Posts)
applesvpears Mon 14-Mar-16 19:29:54

Please could you all take a look over my bag contents incase I have forgotten anything. I am going in tomorrow to be induced and nerves are kicking in!!!

Knickers
Pjs
Nighty
Dressing gown
Socks
Slippers
Shampoo and conditioner
Toothbrush, paste and mouthwash
Shower gel
Moisturiser
Deodorant
Hair brush
Hair bands
Mini fan
Headphones
Book (midwife said as its my first it may take a while so bring a book!)
Snacks including cartons of fruit juice
Medication for my diabetes
Leggings and t shirt
Pads
Cotton wool pads
Baby wipes (for me)
Baby grows and vests in a few sizes
Baby cardi
Baby blanket
Money
Phone charger
Ear plugs

It sounds loads! But it fits in a mini suit case. Most of my products are mini travel ones too.

Anything missing do you think!

Thank you so much in advance for checking blush

applesvpears Mon 14-Mar-16 19:30:41

Oh and bras!

YoureMyWifeNowDave Mon 14-Mar-16 19:32:03

Nappies!

applesvpears Mon 14-Mar-16 19:33:16

Oh yes! I have nappies in there blush

Baby hat?

Champagneformyrealfriends Mon 14-Mar-16 19:43:53

I was in hospital last week with PET and I have told everybody to take body lotion! Those antenatal wards are drying lol. Also maternity and breast pads!

HayleyAnn88 Mon 14-Mar-16 19:48:20

Lip balm and your camera!

Theodolia Mon 14-Mar-16 19:48:58

Lip balm definitely

Autumn2014 Mon 14-Mar-16 19:50:45

Towel
Flannel or sponge

wetlaurel Mon 14-Mar-16 20:16:50

Lots and lots of snacks! Didn't eat anything during labour but ate 6 cereal bars in about 2 minutes flat after DD had been born. I was starving and a couple of slices of toast from the midwife was not going to cut it. I can still remember ripping off the wrappers frantically.

gothic1 Mon 14-Mar-16 21:03:38

Maternity pads - nothing slimline either!
Something old to wear for labour/delivery that you won't mind binning afterwards -it can be a messy business.
Big knickers - more comfortable.
Oh, maybe a bath towel for you, too - for the antenatal and postnatal bit. All the hospitals I've worked in will provide towels if you need them but they tend to be hand towels (you'd get given more than one, and again I would use hospital towels for that first shower/bath after delivery. Did I mention it can be messy...? wink)

Baby hats - the jersey ones opposed to knitted ones. Also baby socks and a couple of cardis, in case baby's temperature is a bit low initially. Babies usually go through more clothes changes than you think, but remember your partner will be able to bring you more in from home if needed - maybe take a couple of carrier bags to transport dirty clothes...

Good luck!

MintyBojingles Mon 14-Mar-16 21:46:48

Big towel. More maternity pads than you think you'd need (I needed 1 per hour!) big comfy knickers.

OwlinaTree Mon 14-Mar-16 22:35:09

Are you planning to breast feed? If so, lansinoh for your nipples.

Strokethefurrywall Mon 14-Mar-16 22:41:27

iPad and/or laptop (with DVDs and headphones) if you're going to be there a day or so.
Nipple cream
Make up
Phone charger
Camera charger/batteries
And the all important with hazel for your lady parts afterwards...

Strokethefurrywall Mon 14-Mar-16 22:42:05

Oh and nursing bras (if you intend to nurse)

applesvpears Mon 14-Mar-16 22:47:26

Wow I had left quite a few bits off !! Thank you so much everyone
Nipple cream
Towel
I did pack a baby hat but not socks
iPad is charging ready
Make up will go in my handbag
I have not actually purchased a nursing bra.. Maybe I should pop to shop first thing and get one, I was just going to pull the straps down of my normal bra ?
Everything else is in there ready.

applesvpears Mon 14-Mar-16 22:48:34

What does the witch hazel do ? Soothes it I guess?

AKissACuddleAndACheekyFinger Mon 14-Mar-16 23:00:17

Please don't panic. Five babies in and I can assure you that you need o my two things with you to successfully have a baby: yourself and your vagina. I appreciate some would say that one is part of the other but I'll separate them here because it may take 'yourself' sometime before you feel as though your vagina is part of you again!!

In all seriousness your bag sounds fine but there isn't anything you can forget that you can't get your hands on from the hospital. Don't panic, less stress is best xx

AKissACuddleAndACheekyFinger Mon 14-Mar-16 23:00:41

That should say 'only two things': there should be an edit button!

Inthehighcastle Tue 15-Mar-16 07:14:21

I agree with some plastic bags. We were horrified at the time because we had to put the bloody sweaty labour clothes back in the bag next to our lovely freshly washed PFB clothes wink

figginz Tue 15-Mar-16 07:17:44

Don't worry if you forget anything, I took all the wrong things and just sent dp for them

OwlinaTree Tue 15-Mar-16 07:24:23

Good luck today, let us know how you get on.

angelicjen Tue 15-Mar-16 07:28:12

Good luck!!! It's amazing smile
If you still have time chuck in plastic flip flops to wear in the shower, the floor is gross. And choccy biscuits, I was hungry all night.

almmummy Tue 15-Mar-16 07:51:13

Totally overpacked last time - not doing that again, it was a nightmare of not being able to find the one thing I wanted in the middle of the night. Phone charger and salt and pepper are top of my list this time - hospital food is bland!

applesvpears Tue 15-Mar-16 10:03:09

They just called to say they have a bed but a bit short staffed so they will call me in the afternoon and hopefully get me in this evening. We are so lucky to have the NHS so I am not stressing over the possibility of it maybe not happening today. Nervous that I might have another sleepless night at home waiting though!! Going to get ready and relax as much as I can with my OH smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now