Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after multiple losses- when do you tell your children?

(2 Posts)
Tollygunge Mon 14-Mar-16 11:52:24

My daughter is 4. I'm now 16 weeks after 4 consecutive losses. Two of these were late, one was early, one was a mmc. So far, everything seems ok but obvs I'm feeling very cautious. I managed to keep all other pregnancies a secret from her- the first one she was little so wouldn't have understood anyway. I don't want to tell and then have to untell her but she's a perceptive wee thing and she knows somethings maybe up. Any advice on when to tell? Want her to share my excitement but also terrified something will happen and it will upset her. Also worried if I leave it too long someone else will notice and give the game away and she will hear from them and not me! Any advice?

KayTee87 Mon 14-Mar-16 11:57:32

Do you think you could last until your 20 week scan maybe?
Sorry about your previous losses sad
Children cope with loss quite well and maybe wouldn't find it as devastating as you think - each child is different though.
My mum lost a brother due to still birth at 6 months (she was about 3 or 4). She knew she was expecting a sibling. It was explained to her that some babies didn't make it and this one went to heaven (obviously that explanation is personal preference)
Hoping you have a happy and healthy pregnancy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now