Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hives on feet after pregnancy?

(2 Posts)
MrsBenWyatt Mon 14-Mar-16 09:30:52

DC3 is 12 days old and yesterday I woke up with raised, itchy hives all over my feet. I had the same with DD (but not DS1) and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same after pregnancy? If so, what did you use to ease the itch?

They are worse at night, presumably from heat, and I am struggling to sleep because they are so itchy.

I am BF, so reluctant to take medication if I can help it. I went to my doctor the last time, but doctor refused to acknowledge it was related to pregnancy and wasn't particularly helpful. As it's happened again, I am confident that it is most definitely a pregnancy/hormone thing!

Thanks in advance - the itch is driving me crazy!

MrsBenWyatt Tue 15-Mar-16 17:42:04

Bump? Dreading another night of no sleep due to itching. I saw MW for discharge appointment today and she was spectacularly unhelpful. Basically said that it sounded awful and had I tried sudocreme - even though I explained it was hives and not a dry rash angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now