Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

morning after pill. advice please !

(3 Posts)
bunnyrabbit93 Sat 12-Mar-16 20:51:26

The condom spilt on me and my DP. I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating as I get extreme symptoms. I can't be on any other birth control as hormones do not agree with me and the coil (copper) wasn't a option either.

We dtd on Friday night and I got the map 16hr 30 min later ish ! About 2 hrs later I took some activated charcoal for other problems but then realised it soaks up things in the gut ?

My question is will this affect the pill ? And will the pill work during ovulation. Also according to online Friday was my most fertile day

Thanks all

Casmama Sat 12-Mar-16 20:55:53

This www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-269-activated%20charcoal.aspx?activeingredientid=269& suggests that you should be OK as you took it 2 hrs after the pill.
It should be effective even if you were ovulating as preventing ovulation is not the only way it works.

Sophia1984 Sat 12-Mar-16 20:57:12

There is some evidence that if you take the pill after you have already ovulated it isn't as effective, as one of the main ways it works is by preventing ovulation. They aren't entirely sure how it works in other ways, but it might be that it prevents the egg from implanting. Sorry I can't be more reassuring!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now