Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

DH parents not interested

(9 Posts)
Jenjen85 Sat 12-Mar-16 14:14:48

I'm currently pregnant with DC2 15wks 3days and we popped round to see DH parents today but not once did they ask about baby/if I was OK etc am I being too sensitive or is that just not nice? This pregnancy was a shock to us and everyone else but still I'd have at least expected a how you feeling but nothing. Sorry for moaning I think I need food wink

juniperdingleberries Sat 12-Mar-16 14:26:28

biscuit

Enjoy the peace and quiet and not having constant comments and fussing while you can, IMO.

whiteychappers Sat 12-Mar-16 15:38:28

My in-laws are exactly the same! They don't really bother with my other half though, thought maybe a grandchild might make them bother a bit more. I play them at their own game now and don't tell them nothing, their loss!

AyeAmarok Sat 12-Mar-16 15:42:11

How often do you see them?

Osirus Sat 12-Mar-16 15:46:29

I'm 26 weeks and have not even seen my DP's parents!

Alb1 Sat 12-Mar-16 16:40:19

I'm 28 weeks with DC2 and DHs parents have only just started to ask in the last couple of weeks, I think they asked more with DS1 but I'm
Not too sure now. I prefer it this way tho luckily

Isthereeverarightime1 Sat 12-Mar-16 16:42:48

I'm 18 weeks and my dp's parents don't even know yet!

Jenjen85 Sat 12-Mar-16 16:51:10

We seem the every 2-3 weeks ish so to not even ask if I was OK I thought was a bit off but to be fair I'm not their biggest fan and would rather not go round but I bite my tongue for DH. When we announced the pregnancy they didn't seemed that interested either

Bejeena Sat 12-Mar-16 16:59:50

I have had an awful pregnancy and been in a lot of pain and emotional strain after miscarriage last year and my in-laws are the same, it was really touch and go as to whether the baby would be OK over Christmas but they still didn't ask how I was or believe our concern, just assumed it would all be fine.

We are probably both being sensitive but pregnancy should allow that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now