Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant. Excited. Terrerfied to tell ex

(7 Posts)
Pregnantagainoops Sat 12-Mar-16 12:36:11

Hey I've just found out I'm pregnant again. Im nearly 23 and my daughter is 1 and a half and is amazing. I am weirdly excited about having another baby but me and my bf of about 5 years have just officially split up a week before I found out. We get on fine and hes a great dad so no worries there but I know he will not be happy that I am pregnant. It will be his 3rd child and I know he flip due to money, living arrangements etc.
I guess I'm just looking for some support or to hear your personal stories because I'm utterly Terrerfied of his reaction?

Thanks Meg x

KayTee87 Sat 12-Mar-16 17:14:42

I think it's nice that you are considering his feelings however please remember that contraception isn't your responsibility and if he was really adverse to having another child he should have prevented it.
Congratulations on expecting your 2nd child, how do you feel about the prospect of being a single parent? In addition to the child's father do you have some good support? Someone that can maybe stay with you for a week or so after the birth.
I would tell him sooner rather than later as you don't want it to look like you're withholding the information.
Let us know how you get on flowers

Champagneformyrealfriends Sat 12-Mar-16 19:32:03

I hope that meant to say "contraception isn't just your responsibility" kaytee

KayTee87 Sat 12-Mar-16 19:39:31

Yes... missing a word smile

LaurieFairyCake Sat 12-Mar-16 19:41:47

Don't tell him for as long as you want. There's no obligation to if he's going to be a prick about it.

Congratulations thanks

Champagneformyrealfriends Sat 12-Mar-16 19:44:25

Thought so smile if I left contraception upto my DH id have been pregnant many times lol

Champagneformyrealfriends Sat 12-Mar-16 19:44:43

And congratulations op smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now