Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

37 weeks and panicking!

(3 Posts)
BeetlebumShesAGun Thu 10-Mar-16 19:57:40

I'm 37 weeks pg with DD2 and have felt like utter crap today. Nauseous and on the loo all morning. Backache and some stabby twinges in my upper thighs and a few cramps.

I'm guessing this is the very early onset of labour (had to be induced with DD2). I'm worrying as we have an ELCS booked.

But mostly tonight I have been putting DD1 to bed and feel utterly miserable and a bit panicky that my time with just her is coming to an end. I just wanted to cuddle her and cry sad

Someone please tell me I'm just being hormonal and I will love this baby just as much as I love her and that she won't feel abandoned?

I do realise how silly I sound now I've written it down, but had to be said. Don't feel I can tell DH as he was the much more enthusiastic one about having a second and I don't want him to think I regret it...

Definitelysometime Thu 10-Mar-16 20:49:50

Ooh congratulations! Sounds like things are moving for you. Hope little one arrives soon.

I'm 35 weeks, also with DD2, and am feeling exactly the same as you are. I've no doubt I'll adore this little girl just as enormously much, but do feel so sad and so guilty about DD1. I read something recently about it being 'the end of an era' - that was enough to have me bawling. It's a massively hormonal time, you'll all be fine and our DDs will love having a sister in their lives.

Good luck!

Champagneformyrealfriends Thu 10-Mar-16 20:52:10

You're hormonal and overwhelmed-totally normal. Your dd will be a lovely big sister soon smile

Best of luck op-don't be hard on yourself-it's probably just all a bit more real all of a sudden.flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now