Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

so hungry!!!

(8 Posts)
user1455661447 Thu 10-Mar-16 18:56:04

Help I'm 6 weeks pregnant and am suddenly feeling ravenous! It makes me feel faint and sick and I can hardly concentrate at work. I'm trying to eat healthily and watch my weight gain but it's so difficult when I'm feeling so hungry! Has anyone else experienced this? It's like having a bad hangover and I can't imagine feeling like this for another 8 months!thanks

winchester1 Thu 10-Mar-16 19:00:44

For me it went in waves, I just ate more and what I wanted its amazing how much more you can eat and end up the same weight after birth as you were before. cake chocolate [pickled eggs] or what ever floats your boat smile

miniswin Thu 10-Mar-16 21:45:12

I had put on 5kg by booking confused - the appetite has settled now though, I'm 14 weeks.

bristollady Sat 12-Mar-16 08:04:56

Congratulations! You are not alone. I'm currently 11 weeks and for the last few weeks I've just been eating everything in sight! If it's not pinned down, I'll eat it!! Got weighed at my appointment yesterday and weight is the same though. To be honest, if you can't enjoy your food when you're pregnant, when can you?! grin

anotherBadAvatar Sat 12-Mar-16 08:10:10

It's hormones. Don't worry about it now, just try to make healthy choices (unlike me who lived on peanut butter on toast and biscuits for the whole first trimester). Still 2st heavier than I was pre-pregnancy, but it will shift. once I start fecking running again

Nosnowjustrain Sat 12-Mar-16 08:10:13

I'm 9 weeks and have to graze pretty much constantly to stop myself feeling sick. I've already moved into my maternity jeans!!

user1455661447 Sat 12-Mar-16 08:15:31

Thanks ladies... You're making me feel much better! I've felt really nauseous and tired this week, and if I haven't eaten anything for a few hours I feel like I'm going to faint.Trying to make good choices... Not always managing it though!! Is anyone else experiencing acid reflux and heart burn? I've never had either before but seem to have it constantly. Still can't believe how quickly my body has changed how it feels. How can a baby the size of a blue berry cause so much havoc?!! Haha.

Nosnowjustrain Sat 12-Mar-16 08:57:33

Yes to the acid reflux, chewing rennies like sweets! Will ask the gp for a prescription for a giant bottle of gaviscon when I see him next - was a lifesaver last pregnancy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now