Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Left shoulder pain - late pregnancy

(6 Posts)
Heavenscent86 Wed 09-Mar-16 15:42:16

I have started to develop a sharp pain in my left shoulder. Does anyone know if this is a cause for concern?

Champagneformyrealfriends Wed 09-Mar-16 15:44:09

Are you sleeping on your left side? It could just be because of that.

Heavenscent86 Wed 09-Mar-16 15:49:15

I try to alternate between my left and right sides but have got a lot of indigestion so I don't know if that could be contributing. I'm slightly concerned as I have been told I am at risk of developing preeclampsia so anything unusual is scaring me a bit.

Clockworklemon Wed 09-Mar-16 15:50:57

Call your midwife and get it checked out. It might be heartburn/wind but mid wife could rule out pre eclampsia

Whosthemummy16 Wed 09-Mar-16 15:57:31

I had this, I went to the gp and was fobbed off, when I had physio for my hips weeks later I was told I am hyper mobile and my scapula was winging, which was the cause of the pain !
I would call your midwife though as it can be a referred pain from elsewhere or a symptom of pre eclampsia.
I was able to self refer to physio, maybe try that after ?

Whosthemummy16 Wed 09-Mar-16 15:59:38

Just read that back, over tired baby brain !! confused hopefully some of it makes sense !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now