Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Painful vulvar/varicose veins

(6 Posts)
PregnantKatie Wed 09-Mar-16 12:30:55

Ladies after some advice! I am 25 weeks pregnant with my second child and in agony down below, brings me to tears to walk more than a couple of yards. I have varicose veins on my vulvar and the pressure is unbearable, I feel like I have been riding a bike for a month! Has anyone else experienced this and is there anything I can do? I had similar with my ds who is nearly 6, the veins from my pregnancy with him never went away and now I have 6 or 7 new ones to add. Sorry for the tmi ladies 😘

sophUK Wed 30-Mar-16 15:05:02

I have this problem too - it's awful! I'm 30 weeks and first pregnancy. It get's much worse when I'm on my feet and at the end of the day. Also swells up really bad towards the end of the day.
Doc said there isn't much I can do about it apart from rest with my feet up. She suggested I work at home more often to reduce the time spent on my feet/commuting. Midwife said put a bag of ice on it!
Apart from that I've been told not much else I can do sad

LimesMum Wed 30-Mar-16 16:05:36

Sorry just seen this post after writing something very similar!!!

I can only sympathise - it's bloody agony isn't it?!! Also the most unsightly thing I've ever seen?!!

I've read about some support garments but not sure if they'd be beneficial or not??

justonemorethread Wed 30-Mar-16 20:55:47

I had these, the veins in my legs improved a bit and dont hurt so much. The vulvar veins completely went after childbirth. the relief iswonderful, but i feel your pain! You can take the occasional paracetamol to numb the pain.

LimesMum Wed 06-Apr-16 19:48:35

Just to let you know I've bought this and it seems to help!

franyb Tue 26-Apr-16 19:09:58

Hi - am also suffering with this hideously gross preg symptom! Please can you tell me where you bought that and how long it took to arrive? I think it's an American product? Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now