Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Belly button...

(24 Posts)
suz1rr Tue 08-Mar-16 21:15:29

I know this isn't a big problem compared to some peoples, but belly buttons have always freaked me out, even my own, and I'm dreading it popping out. Has anyones not come out when pregnant, I'm keeping everything crossed mine doesnt! I'm currently 26+2...

Wolfiefan Tue 08-Mar-16 21:16:17

Two kids. It never did!

IndomitabIe Tue 08-Mar-16 21:19:55

Currently ~38 weeks with DC2 & belly button is flat, same as last time!

ProbablyMe Tue 08-Mar-16 21:27:32

29 weeks, 6th pregnancy and no popping here.

Artioo2 Tue 08-Mar-16 21:35:54

I also find belly buttons weird and can't bear mine being touched, but managed to get away with it not popping out for two pregnancies and so far so good for the third! It's stretched flat but that's it.

5minutestobed Tue 08-Mar-16 21:36:41

No popping out here and 30 weeks with baby two. Mine just went very flat.

Pagetta Tue 08-Mar-16 21:40:04

Mine didn't with DS1 but am now 26 weeks and it's about to go...totally grosses me put too and baby's feet seem to be right behind it kicking it from inside!!confused

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Tue 08-Mar-16 21:42:59

Mine just went flat.

LetThereBeCupcakes Tue 08-Mar-16 21:43:06

Go slightly shallower with DS but nowhere near popping out. Only 14 weeks this time round so we shall see!

Junosmum Tue 08-Mar-16 21:43:21

mine didn't but I do have a really deep belly button.

frikadela01 Tue 08-Mar-16 21:54:41

I'm only 23 weeks with my first but none of my sisters pregnancies (4 between them) ended with a popped out belly button. Neither did any of my immediate friends. I've actually only ever seen 1 popped out belly button and it was my cousin who had a tiny bit of an outtie to start with.

suz1rr Tue 08-Mar-16 21:58:52

Thank you all so much, feeling a lot better now!! :D

DramaAlpaca Tue 08-Mar-16 21:58:57

Three DC here and mine didn't pop out in any of my pregnancies.

AnnaMarlowe Tue 08-Mar-16 22:03:01

I was late.

With twins.

Whose combined weight was over a stone.

It's fair to say I was huge.

My tummy button didn't pop, just kind of spread out.

Btw your tummy button kept you alive in utero. Your baby's tummy button is currently bringing it oxygen and sustenance from you. Nothing to be freaked out by tummy buttons are cool.

CityMole Tue 08-Mar-16 22:32:35

haha, I have been silently FREAKING THE FUCK OUT about this for weeks now [weep]

First of all, it stretched out soooo wide, then it got very deep and cavernous, and now when I tentatively stick my finger in for a feel, it is being met with resistance from something that does, I am afraid to say, seem to be pushing up from the inside, slowly but surely. It is still very deep though and I think it would take quite a lot for it to go level, never mind pop out.... but then I still have 7 weeks to go, so who knows? confused

Vap0 Tue 08-Mar-16 23:40:45

Great post
And the answers are such a relief!
I also have a massive issue with belly buttons, just mine actually but nobody can go near it and if anyone touches it I freak out. DP winds me up about it all the time, he is loving that he has a reason to touch my tummy now luckily he has behaved and stayed clear. I really hope mine doesn't pop!

applesvpears Tue 08-Mar-16 23:43:42

I am so freaked out by mine. I hate it being touched and am just freaked by it !!!confused

julfin Wed 09-Mar-16 06:59:39

Ha ha I've been wanting to ask the same question as belly buttons freak me out too! Great to see these responses. Does anyone know what stage of pregnancy belly buttons tend to pop out at? Is it right at the end? I'm only 21 weeks and no outsy yet, but it's probably too early - I want to know at what point I can (hopefully) breathe a sigh of relief that it's not going to happen to me...

brookeberry Wed 09-Mar-16 08:43:36

Almost 35 weeks here and no popping out - a little stretched, but that's it!

Ilovenannyplum Wed 09-Mar-16 08:48:08

I kept my belly button piercing in the whole time reluctant to let go of my youth, I'm not 16, don't worry didn't pop out at all. I gave birth at 38+5

When I was in full on labour the midwife stopped whatever poking around what she was doing and said, ooohhh I like your belly button bar, v pretty
grin

ThisWasCrownjewel Wed 09-Mar-16 08:49:46

40+3 here (and with a large baby according to the scans and bump measurement charts), my belly button is slightly less indented than it was, but not even close to flat - though I think it helps that there was a decent layer of wobble on my belly area to start with! My piercing (took it out last pregnancy) is looking a little deformed though - the bottom opening is clearly visible on the outside of my belly button now, and the top opening has gone sort of flat and horizontal... Not that it matters as I don't think I'll be able to get a bar back into it once the baby arrives!

suz1rr Thu 10-Mar-16 22:28:57

Thank you everyone for your responses, you have no idea how much relief I feel reading your replies lol. Keeping everything crossed mine stays an innie lol, or even goes flat, I'll cry if it becomes an outie!! Glad I am not the only weird person who is freaking out about this :D

maybebabybee Thu 10-Mar-16 22:33:55

3 days overdue and mine hasn't popped.

bananafish81 Thu 10-Mar-16 22:44:03

DH keeps saying I'm gonna need to take out my belly bar as it's gonna start catching in things - I'm not wedded enough to the piercing to get one of those stretchy pregnancy belly bars, but am resisting taking the sparkle out until I have to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now