Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby's head not engaged at 40 weeks

(9 Posts)
tohomeornottohome Tue 08-Mar-16 16:58:27

Due date is today. First baby. At my 36 week appt he was only a tiny bit engaged. At this appointment he's still only a tiny bit engaged.

Midwife didn't seem remotely fussed, said that he might not move down til labour starts. But I'm frightened. I really don't want an emergency section sad

EdYouKateShaun Tue 08-Mar-16 17:01:24

Whilst it is more common for first babies to engage I don't think it's anything to worry about. DD2 didn't engage until labour was established. 3 hour labour with natural delivery.

All the best with your baby.

greenlizard Tue 08-Mar-16 17:41:04

My DS didn't engage - he was barely pointing in the right direction until the last minute. He moved down during labour - longish labour but natural birth.

Good luck - you will be fine!

Dixiechick17 Tue 08-Mar-16 20:18:13

My friend had her 40wk appointment with her first, baby wasn't at all engaged, midwife couldn't do a sweep or anything. Four days later her waters went, baby engaged and was born eight hours later in the birthing pool.

zannyminxoxox Tue 08-Mar-16 21:49:46

Both my children didn't engage until labour so im not expecting this one to either. I did go over 12 days with my dd my son I was induced 4 days over due to him being a big baby

MrsBungle Tue 08-Mar-16 21:53:36

My ds did not engage until the moment he popped out! Don't worry about it smile

DramaAlpaca Tue 08-Mar-16 21:55:36

My DS1 didn't engage until I was in labour.

Try not to worry flowers

Runningupthathill82 Wed 09-Mar-16 03:32:48

It doesn't mean anything - my first DC wasn't engaged at my 40 week appt. Went into labour a few hours later and he was born at 40+1!

tohomeornottohome Wed 09-Mar-16 08:16:18

Thank you for the reassurance. Going to try to chill out about it. Lots of bouncing on the birth ball!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now