Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

breech baby turning

(11 Posts)
almmummy Mon 07-Mar-16 18:48:41

Hi there, I was wondering if those with breech babies felt them turn head down?

It feels like for the past couple of days baby has been having a go as my bump changes shape - from a tight ball to quick wide and slack at the top. But I am sure his head was back at the top this morning.

Also wondering if anyone had a dramatic turn - did you puke or anything? Still at work so would rather it not happen there! (35 weeks)

almmummy Mon 07-Mar-16 18:49:05

Ahhh quite wide sorry

mmmminx Mon 07-Mar-16 19:32:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

5hell Mon 07-Mar-16 20:31:02

reading with interest...going for a scan on wed (when i'll be 37+1) to confirm if chubs is indeed back to back & breech as mw suspects confused

greenlizard Mon 07-Mar-16 20:48:33

I didn't feel my son turn at all at 34 weeks and he was not a small baby (9lb 4 at 39 weeks). I woke up one morning and he had turned!

5madthings Mon 07-Mar-16 20:52:49

My baby just turned at 35 wks I didn't feel it, I mean I feel it moving all the time but didn't realise it had turned and my baby is measuring bug, at scan it was on 97th percentile they think it will be 10lbs at birth (not suprised as previous babies have been this size).

So no I didn't know it had turned and it didn't make me sick. Last week having been head down and engaged baby went transverse, tgat was uncomfortable but it seems to be back to head down at moment.

mineofuselessinformation Mon 07-Mar-16 20:54:30

Dc1 turned at 38 weeks. A big baby, so to be honest it was painful! For a while I was all hopeful I was going into labour.

Mummamayhem Mon 07-Mar-16 20:58:39

My DS turned about 36 or 37 weeks, I didn't feel him turn but all of a sudden I could feel him kick! He'd been so still and quiet before and DH hadn't felt him move then suddenly he was jumping about so very obvious.

NaraDeer Mon 07-Mar-16 21:20:53

Oh yes, I absolutely felt when DD turned!
I can't remember what week it was, but it was late as plans were in place for a breech birth.
We were in TGI Fridays and I had to lie down in the booth as I felt like she was trying to break through my stomach! blush

Livelifefortoday Mon 07-Mar-16 21:31:00

When ds turned at 35 weeks I didn't know for sure until the scan confirmed it, but I did feel an uncomfortable movement the night before the scan, different to the others, so I guessed he had moved but couldn't be sure. It wasn't obvious to me that he had turned as his bottom and head felt very similar.

almmummy Tue 08-Mar-16 13:11:58

Thanks everyone, I am suspecting now that baby is trying to turn, I was so uncomfortable last night and was sure his back was the other side at one point so maybe - need to wake him up with some sweet stuff to be sure, he's been sleepy today. Maybe all the effort!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now