Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

cramps and light bleeding 30 weeks

(19 Posts)
ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Sun 06-Mar-16 21:21:23

All weekend I've had bleeding on wiping, started off pink, now its red and cramps. Rang maternity ward who said its probably ligament pain and down to the cervical erosion I was diagnosised with few weeks ago.
I've had steroids and medication to stop contractions at 27 weeks as had contractions and positive ffn test. Baby also not growing well so I've a scan Thurs and consultant said if he's still not growing as he should then baby is better out than in.
Baby moving fine but thinking of ringing midwife in am even though maternity unit reassured me, or should I wait until scan and consultant Thursday?

fusspot66 Sun 06-Mar-16 21:22:21

Follow your instincts and ring maternity.

andadietcoke Sun 06-Mar-16 21:23:56

I had a cervical ectropion (?sp) and had bleeding throughout. I found the cramps improved when I was well hydrated. How's your baby's movement? I'd say if ever you're concerned then it absolutely can't hurt to call mat triage.

VagueIdeas Sun 06-Mar-16 21:26:23

Cervical erosion might explain the bleeding, but the fact it's getting heavier AND accompanied by cramps is ringing alarm bells. Definitely get checked.

Junosmum Sun 06-Mar-16 21:27:20

Get checked out, best to be safe.

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 06-Mar-16 21:33:25

Please ring them

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Sun 06-Mar-16 21:55:36

I rang them earlier and felt like a hyperchondriac but I'll ring community midwife in morning, baby moving well. Told to keep ttaking co codamol

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 06-Mar-16 22:00:49

Who cares if they thought you were a hypochondriac? I've felt like that every time I've been for monitoring etc, went on Thursday and they kept me in with mild preeclampsia which they're now monitoring. Op your baby is the most important thing-do not let anybody make you feel as if your concern is unjustified. flowers

minipie Sun 06-Mar-16 22:14:12

You've had a positive ffn at 27 weeks? Definitely call the midwife in the am. In fact I'd be going down to the maternity ward in the am if I was you. Good luck!

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Sun 06-Mar-16 22:18:01

Yes had a positive one so had the steroids then, I'll 100% ring my midwife, she will send me there but they may listen more then!

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Mon 07-Mar-16 13:15:05

Going to antenatal, cramps getting worse sad

andadietcoke Mon 07-Mar-16 13:52:15

Glad you're going to get seen. Good luck thanks

Champagneformyrealfriends Mon 07-Mar-16 14:37:18

Hope you're ok op flowers

PoppitFox Tue 08-Mar-16 10:16:33

how are you OP? xx

Afreshstartplease Tue 08-Mar-16 10:18:47

How scary! I hope you and baby are OK op x

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Tue 08-Mar-16 12:16:11

We are OK, stayed overnight, had another ffn but score was lower than last time so reassuring, bleeding they said is from the cervical erosion and I've an irritable uterus so to make sure I stay on bed rest easier said than done with a 3 year old! Thank you for asking x

minipie Wed 09-Mar-16 07:45:27

Glad to hear it. Good luck. Resting is important with irritable uterus -have you any help available?

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Wed 09-Mar-16 19:55:09

Thanks mini, my dp works a lot of long days but ds goes to school 2 hours a day .

minipie Wed 09-Mar-16 20:00:30

Ok, do put your feet up during that time and don't feel guilty about putting DS in front of the TV if you need a rest. Keeping the baby cooking is more important smile tis good that you are past 30 weeks now anyway. Best wishes and take care of yourself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now