Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 weeks, period type bleeding

(11 Posts)
Everythingcrossed13 Sun 06-Mar-16 12:54:23

Hi, I often watch these threads but have never posted. We've been trying about a year and 4 days ago when AF was due got 2 BFPs on clearblue saying 1-2 weeks. The next day only got very faint lines on tesco tests. 2am this morning though when I would be 4 weeks 5 days I stated to bleed really lightly, but now at lunchtime it's like a period bleed. No awful cramps that I normally get but there are some. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow but I'm so worried, I don't know what implantation bleeding is like but suspect it's too late for this, and it wouldn't be this heavy? Any advice or experience much appreciated I feel so sad and overwhelmed as we've been trying for ages and I really thought we were there sad

Beth2511 Sun 06-Mar-16 12:58:52

I have had the exact same rhing twice... Horrendous bleeding, cramps and clots.

The first time was a Miscarriage, the second resulted in my DD.

It is so impossible t9 say either way, try keep calm until yoi get your appointment, you should get referred for a scan but most wont do them until 6 weeks. Do another test in a week if they wont scan just yet!

Everythingcrossed13 Sun 06-Mar-16 13:13:42

Thank you both for replying and so quickly, I'm trying to keep calm but a bit of an emotional mess! It's nice actually to hear that you've had the same and with different results, il just try and keep calm I bet they won't do anything as too early and no point me doing another PT as even if it's awful news I probably still have Hcg in system? Im sorry to hear about your mc sad if you don't mind me asking how far along were you and what did they do? X

Littleoakhorn Sun 06-Mar-16 13:17:48

I've also been in this situation twice, with opposite results. Unfortunately however difficult it is you just have to hang on in there. Take to the sofa with a box of chocolates and a film and look after yourself.

Everythingcrossed13 Sun 06-Mar-16 13:25:16

Thanks littleoakhorn I appreciate it. I'm on the sofa with some biscuits sad keeping everything crossed x

Beth2511 Sun 06-Mar-16 14:00:55

Its ok, i know the fear only too well.

Both my bleeds were at 7 weeks, they reckon the first one which i loss was because i had a clot that took baby with it and the position of second one meant it missed baby. Will be interestinf ro see if i have another this time...

Lots of hugs and support xx

Everythingcrossed13 Sun 06-Mar-16 15:00:21

Thanks Beth, il update after my appointment tomorrow in case anyone else comes looking on this thread with the same thing xx

Everythingcrossed13 Sun 06-Mar-16 22:39:25

I just did another clear blue test and it's negative, I'm absolutely devastated I've got no idea whether to still go to doctors appointment tomorrow. Thanks for all your good wishes anyway sad

sonlypuppyfat Sun 06-Mar-16 22:45:00

I used to have a nasty brown bleed at around one to two months a bit scary. But he's 17 now.

BillSykesDog Mon 07-Mar-16 02:33:35

I had a lot of early pregnancy bleeding including a massive one with red blood and clots. It was caused by an ectropion (growth of endometrium on the cervix) and all was fine. Almost 14 weeks with twins now. Obviously I don't know what it is, but it doesn't necessarily have to be the worst case. Good luck with your appt tomorrow, will keep everything crossed for you. flowers

Everythingcrossed13 Mon 07-Mar-16 08:03:38

Thanks everyone, I'm off to the doctors in an hour but expecting the worst. Your messages have all shown me there's hope though even if not for this time which was really what I needed, thank you so much xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now