Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Petrified of miscarriage

(3 Posts)
Beth2511 Sun 06-Mar-16 12:52:27

I had a horrendous miscarriage about 3 years ago, i then had a baby get to 13 weeks but i terminated because it was a baby from sexual assult and it would gave absolutely destroyed my mental health.

Then i had dd and now im pregnant again. I am unrationable fear of losing this pregnancy. Can anyone talk some sense into me sad

Littleredhead1983 Sun 06-Mar-16 14:11:53

Wow, what a lot you've been through, you poor thing.

I don't think you're being irrational, I think it's perfectly natural to fear the worst when you've been through so much.

Just try to relax and remember there is no evidence at all to suggest that a termination has any impact on future pregnancies, nor that one miscarriage is an indication of any higher risk subsequently. By which logic you are at no higher risk than the average.

Take it one day at a time and try to keep focussed on your dd and your little one on the way. Good luck, and remember to breathe!

Sophia1984 Sun 06-Mar-16 14:37:47

So sorry to hear about your past experiences Beth You'd be very welcome to join us on the 'Staying posifrickentive after miscarriage' thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2572444-Staying-posifrickentive-Thread-8-for-ladies-after-mc? Lots of support and handholding over there :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now