Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

baby # 3 anyone?!

(18 Posts)
powertotheparslaii Sat 05-Mar-16 23:01:26

Hello.

I've recently found out that i am pregnant with baby number 3.

I've got a 6 year old DS and a 10 month old DD.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom and coping methods?!

I'm kinda crapping myself

holeinmyheart Sat 05-Mar-16 23:13:10

Baby three was a doddle. You will be fine. My third popped out in half an hour ,rarely cried and as I was such an experienced Mum I relaxed. I think baby no three benefited from my experience. So will yours.
Time flies by. It is hectic but you have to try and enjoy it, after all you only have one chance at giving them the upbringing they deserve.
I had to be super organised. BUT They are soon in pre school and you get some time for yourself. With one only being 10months old, it will be able to play with the other one.
Congratulations......... You might as well have four or five now. When on the rare occasions mine come home, they are great DCs and really good fun. I am glad I didn't stop at two.

novemberchild Sun 06-Mar-16 01:34:10

My two older ones are teenagers, so it's not quite the same for me. You do feel like a bit of an old hand by now, though.

Hasn't made my morning sickness any better but hey!

LucilleLeSueur Sun 06-Mar-16 07:38:49

Me! Have a 6yo and a 2 yo and now 25 weeks.

I'm nervous too - physically this pregnancy is really tough (morning sickness where I had none before, exhaustion, aches and pains - plus I'm still carrying extra weight).
I am retting excited now, and dd1 is thrilled which really makes a difference.

zannyminxoxox Sun 06-Mar-16 08:04:15

Im on my 3rd to we only planned to im absolutely bricking it. It's going to be madness. Although people tell me its a doddle and it's worse going from 1 to 2 Im hoping they are right

Pollyputhtekettleon Sun 06-Mar-16 08:17:35

I'm holding #3 here. I've a just gone 2 yr old and a 18mth old. She's not a sleeper and quite a gripey baby (3mths now) but I'm starting to get glimpses of how lovely 3 will be once we come out of the haze. Mine are all very little sof it's pretty chaotic, I won't lie. But being an experienced mum means I know the tough bits pass in the blink of an eye.

My just 3yr old just rushed in with a card he made....he said excitedly 'it has superboy and a horse and buzz lightyear in it!'....opened it up and it's pure scribbles and straight lines lol. Little ones are adorable, congrats.

Pollyputhtekettleon Sun 06-Mar-16 08:20:04

2 yr old =3yr old!

MsFiremanSam Sun 06-Mar-16 16:03:44

9 weeks with #3 here... DS is 5 and DD is 2. Slightly bricking it but also really excited to be having a little gang!

Fi84 Mon 07-Mar-16 14:00:04

Hi I found out on my husbands birthday last week that I'm expecting no. 3 too.
we weren't actively trying so it's come as a bit of a shock.
We have two daughters aged 4 and 2 their birthdays are 4 days apart in November and it seems as though this little one will be due in that same week too eeek!

Nosnowjustrain Mon 07-Mar-16 14:02:31

8wks with number 3 here! Dd1(5) and dd2(2) both very excited - I will be too when I pass the nausea and exhaustion stage!!

holeinmyheart Mon 07-Mar-16 14:35:48

Well if any one has two girls already, and then has one twinge of regret if they find out that the new baby is another girl. Just read the posts on Mumsnet about MILs. They are mainly posted by DILS.
The old adage that a girl is a daughter for life but a son is only a son until he gets a wife, can be very true.
Before I get flamed, yes of course there are tons of people who get on perfectly well with their MIL ( I know that) and some men don't get on with their SIls, BUT the main gist of the posts are from DILs moaning about their DHs mother.

I also get on with my DILs. HOWEVER it is not the same as having DDs and their DH. I don't understand exactly why, as I am not a psychiatrist. Whether it is through jealousy ( on both sides, or what, but the tension is there)

When I see someone with a house full of girls, I always think, you will be so glad. ( please no lectures beginning.......my brother is very good to my Mum etc, because I know there are exceptions. ) Of course there are....

I have both sexes..but I am exceptionally glad that I have both.

You don't realise until they have partners, what is going to happen.

powertotheparslaii Mon 07-Mar-16 23:43:49

I forgot I posted this grin

What are you all dreading/most excited about?

I am most dreading
1) the amount of washing
2) the exhaustion of 2 under 2
3) how the hell am I going to work?

I'm most looking forward to
1) seeing my children with their new baby- my 10 month old having a constant play mate- my 6 year old being as protective as he is with his little sister
2) the manic hectic fun
3) when they're all a little older and there's a house full of kids in and out

zannyminxoxox Tue 08-Mar-16 02:11:00

Myn will be newborn 2 and 4 Im dreading the sleepless nights then having to deal with a mardy 2 year old and a 4 year old dd with the attitude and backchat of a 14 year old, the washing. Im most looking forward to them meeting their brother like you and when they are older and family days out and holidays when the youngest is walking and absorbing everything and its just about us all having fun togther. Like my other 2 are now smile oh im also not looking forward to the fighting and bickering with each other over toys, my ds and dd are really bad for it now so having another one in the mix is going to be something of a challenge

Sleepingbunnies Tue 08-Mar-16 02:14:11

No 3 is almost 3 weeks old.. easiest baby ever and I am so glad that we didn't stop at 2 grin you will be fine flowers

holeinmyheart Tue 08-Mar-16 09:08:00

The thing is to try and relax as much as you can, nap when you can and let the least important things go.... Like the dusting. Fuck the dusting, etc. A baby doesn't care about dust. It cares about laughing, smiles, hugs and being clean and warm and being with someone who obviously seems to love it.
The important things are the well being of the baby, as this is their one chance of having a happy childhood. They are absolutely reliant on your personality, moods etc. They are sooo dependant on you providing them with the tools to face a scary world.
The very best present you can give them is for them * to feel loved* they can then go out into the world with armour on, and boy don't they need it!

If you can be patient and kind towards them at all times, ( because you are going to feel like throttling them) you will get paid back in shedloads when they grow up. They won't remember your words but they will remember your warmth.
I know what a shite childhood was like......... Just don't do it to your DCs.
Best of luck with no 3, mine is a absolute Peach.

Pollyputhtekettleon Tue 08-Mar-16 10:22:17

I'm finding the hardest is when the 1 and 3 yr old are fighting at the same time as the baby is roaring and im desperately trying to do something like get the bloody telly on to distract them! I just sometimes find myself frozen with chaos around me simply not knowing what to do (and screaming my head off internally) for a few seconds before suddenly launching into action! (TV on for eldest, 1yr old horsed out of room under spare arm and given the whole bag of raisins from the cupboard sitting o kitchen floor delighted with hetself and screaming 12 wk old taken into quiet room and put on boob).

The nice bit is when it's all calm and I see their little eyes checking that I'm still there as they get on with playing or relaxing in the bouncer. Oh, and when they magically all go to bed without any tears or screaming (me or them). That is an amazing feeling.

I can't wait for a few months from now when I have the baby more settled and the 1yr old can talk so is less frustrated. I'm also still just getting to know all these new humans (with no social manners!).

powertotheparslaii Tue 08-Mar-16 21:32:16

I'm quite lucky that my eldest (will be 7 when baby comes) is an absolute piece of cake and completely adores his sister. So I'm hoping if it's all too much I can just ask him to keep DD1 (will be 19 months when baby is born) in his room to play for a bit ocassion. He normally has her playing with him there now and I get a good 10-15 minutes of peace and quiet.

I'm self employed so quite anxious what I'm going to do about work but I'm sure it will work out

Marquand Wed 09-Mar-16 09:16:42

I'm heading towards 19 weeks with #3 (DD is 6, DD is 3), and I am ever so nervous that my life will be complete and utter chaos forever. But at least, a joyful chaos.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now