Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fell on bump today - scary!

(7 Posts)
CraftySewNSew Sat 05-Mar-16 18:42:01

I was walking on a slight incline today and fell forward onto my bump and hit it quite hard. Baby then stopped moving for ages.

Went to hospital and got him checked out - he's fine! It's me that feels like a right numpty. I've really hurt my knee and I ended up being helped up by a car load of students who pulled over to see if I was ok.

Feeling rather sheepish, but I'm really glad I went to get him checked.

Just wanted to say, just in case anyone falls over and feels a bit daft about wanting to get checked out that they were really nice, reassuring and said I'd done the right thing. They also said that the uterus is a very strong muscle and provides a lot of protection so the chances of him being hurt are quite small.

blush

seven201 Sat 05-Mar-16 18:48:59

You poor thing. Glad all is ok. How many weeks are you?

CraftySewNSew Sat 05-Mar-16 18:51:33

Thanks seven, I'm almost 32 wks, so pretty bumpy!

Bearberry Sat 05-Mar-16 19:49:55

Hope you're feeling ok crafty flowers

I fell over last a couple of weeks back at 31 weeks and it was horrid! Managed to twist myself so I fell sort of flat on back but ended up putting my pelvis out as a result. Was away from home but went to a midwife unit and they were lovely and baby suddenly active again as soon as trace started! Typical!

It was horrid though, really scared me and I ended up having a big sob! You've all my sympathy, it's quite a shocking experience so make sure you take it easy now and be gentle on yourself.

CraftySewNSew Sat 05-Mar-16 20:01:53

Oh bearberry, that sounds very similar to my day today! How awful, am so glad you are ok now. thanks

Carla42 Sat 05-Mar-16 20:39:39

Really sorry to hear that but thank goodness you and baby are okay! I fell over yesterday on the way to my 20 week scan. I didn't fall on my bump but it was so frightening

CraftySewNSew Sun 06-Mar-16 09:03:10

Thanks Carla, hope all went well with the scan and that you didn't get too hurt with your fall. It's so scary, I don't think I realised how much I braced myself because I was so shocked at the time. Am just glad my little man is ok. He's kicking away happily now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now