Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Crohns Disease and c-section???

(4 Posts)
Llwr93 Fri 04-Mar-16 23:38:16

Hi all,

I am currently 35+2 days and have crohns disease so I was told very early pregnancy that a natural delivery will leave me incontinent and cause other complications so it's a c-section for me.

I am wondering if anyone else has been in this predicament? And if so at how many weeks did they do the CS?

I mainly wonder because I am absolutely terrified of not being able to go 39 weeks since I am already having braxton hicks/contractions, lower back pain, period cramps and baby has dropped very low and I have constant pressure now. Even midwifes and a consultant have said it looks like I am in prelabour confused

FoxgloveStar Mon 07-Mar-16 21:35:36

Hi. I have well controlled Crohns disease.

I was told the opposite: that a C-section was extra risky and I should aim for natural birth. The rationale seemed to be that there is a risk in C-section of cutting the bowl and damaging scar tissue that would not heal properly.

Why would a natural delivery leave you incontinent. Have you had previous surgery?

FoxgloveStar Mon 07-Mar-16 21:36:00

(I'm 28 weeks)

Llwr93 Mon 07-Mar-16 21:56:21

I have had numerous abscesses and ops to removed them. Plus fistular canals and just in general have had a lot of issues with muscles in general in that region

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now