Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

No weight gain in first trimester

(7 Posts)
kiki22 Fri 04-Mar-16 18:49:20

Can anyone point me to a good source of info on weight gain during pregnancy? I'm 15 weeks today I lost 6lbs in the first 10 weeks since then I've stayed the same weight. This is because I'm not drinking, I've stopped drinking fizzy drinks and sweet things make me feel nauseous so my diet has improved, also I'm still very active working out 2/3 times a week and don't have a car so walk lots.

I'm happy to not have gained, gp is happy since I had a bmi of 30 so says I'm gaining bump but losing fat so all good but so many people have mentioned it's so worrying I should be bigger since it my second bla bla bla... I'm looking for some facts to chuck at them to shut them up.

gunting Fri 04-Mar-16 18:51:42

I think that people with a BMI over 30 gain less weight during pregnancy.

My BMI was 35 during pregnancy and I didn't gain any weight until 30+ weeks and ended up having a 10lb baby.

Either way you don't need to answer to other people's questions about your weight, tell them to bugger off wink

Best of luck

gunting Fri 04-Mar-16 18:54:29

I think that people with a BMI over 30 gain less weight during pregnancy.

My BMI was 35 during pregnancy and I didn't gain any weight until 30+ weeks and ended up having a 10lb baby.

Either way you don't need to answer to other people's questions about your weight, tell them to bugger off wink

Best of luck

BigGreenOlives Fri 04-Mar-16 19:00:02

Congrats on your fitness & tidy bump.

My children are teens but I thought it was normal to only gain 1lb or 2lbs in the first trimester, you are scarcely beyond that so no weight gain seems reasonable. Also no one could tell I was pregnant when I was dressed until way later than 15 weeks. I think your friends have forgotten that some people hardly gain any weight at all & can carry a bump well.

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Fri 04-Mar-16 19:00:07

Google pregnancy weight gain calculator. There's a website with a useful calculator to tell you how much you should be putting on. It's a pretty wide range.

Impatientwino Fri 04-Mar-16 19:41:09

My bmi was 28 and I didn't gain anything until around 20 weeks - due to morning sickness and lack of wine!

I'm 39 weeks now and have gained less than 2 stone. Same happened with my DS when my bmi was 30 and I was back to pre birth weight within about 6 weeks.

I then breastfed and ate cake for a year so gained lots of it back

Dieted before this pregnancy and went to the gym a lot so started at a lower weight this time but still gained the same. Try not to worry, everyone is different.

MustBeThursday Fri 04-Mar-16 19:56:22

My BMI when I was pregnant not anymore sadly was in normal range (about 22/23 I think), I lost weight steadily between about 8 weeks and 16 weeks. I was a good 5 months before I started gaining weight, and even then most of my weight gain happened in the last 8 weeks or so (...when I couldn't get down the stairs my flat very much due to SPD...). DD was perfectly fine growth wise and was born a bouncing 8lb 2oz at 39 weeks, so try not to worry about it. My DM didn't even know she was pregnant with me (her 2nd) until 5 months and she hadn't gained anything then.

It was my understanding that most people lost weight in the first trimester anyway? Perhaps I am wrong, but that's what I was told.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now