Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Really struggling to cope with Sickness

(15 Posts)
1moretime Thu 03-Mar-16 18:07:13

Can you get anything to help with Sickness?
I am only just over 6 weeks but I am really sick, can't keep a meal down.
I know I may sound daft being so early on but I had awful sickness for around 7 months with my DS..I really don't think I can manage another 6 months of being like this.
Someone please help. Xx

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Thu 03-Mar-16 18:12:15

Come and join the hyperemisis thread, lots of ladies in the same position and great advice. Also you will be able to get meds from gp/epu x

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Thu 03-Mar-16 18:14:28

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2583884-Hyperemesis-Support?msgid=59636486#59636486

OhShutUpThomas Thu 03-Mar-16 18:15:32

Yes you can. Go to the GP.

flowers

Hope you get something to help you soon.

1moretime Thu 03-Mar-16 18:23:43

Thank you so much. .I was never offered anything with my first pregnancy. My mum was really worried I kept gong to the docs but they just said it's morning sickness & all pregnant ladies get it.
Made me feel stupid...I had & do now have it morning, evening & night. Xx

MsFiremanSam Thu 03-Mar-16 19:52:21

You have my complete sympathy. I'm 9 weeks and have spent most of today sobbing into a packet of hula hoops. It's utterly grim. If you're not keeping food down, you should definitely go to your GP. Good luck flowers

Colabottle10 Thu 03-Mar-16 20:36:29

I'm 16 weeks and been throwing up since 4 weeks. I've been on eery drug going and nothing is helping.

lilygirl81 Thu 03-Mar-16 20:56:53

Definitely insist on getting medication, I was in a complete mess for weeks before I got mine. Also consider getting ketone testing strips and keep an eye on your urine, if the levels go above 3 you should be admitted for fluids, I was in 3 times before it started to get better at 16 weeks.

1moretime Fri 04-Mar-16 06:28:13

Thank you for your replys...I managed some porridge for tea last night & water went to bed at 8 as I'm freezing all the time. Had only just lay down when I started boking...ended up spewing all over the landing...didn't make it to the toilet!! Poor DH had to help clean it.
Iv noticed my urine is really yellow sorry tmi...does this mean anything? Il have to try get in at gp. I feel awful. X

novemberchild Fri 04-Mar-16 19:56:21

Vitamins will make your wee yellow, but make sure you are drinking enough.

I'm 7 weeks and have only managed water and an apple today. And everything smells really bad, including my husband who I have just ordered into the shower as soon as he got home.

1moretime Sat 05-Mar-16 14:28:27

Haha novemberchild
It's weird how your senses change during pregnancy!
I'm taking folic acid & pregnacare at the minute so guess thst could be the reason. I'm trying my best to keep sipping water xx

novemberchild Sat 05-Mar-16 15:14:51

Pregnacare will have folic acid in.

It's awful, isn't it? And men don't get why suddenly you have to eat only certain precise things!

Pinkheart5915 Sat 05-Mar-16 15:24:18

If the sickness continues go and see your gp.

I only had a little sickness with my last pregnancy and so far only a little with this one, but when I did have sickness I sipped as much water as I could take sometimes even sipping a can of cola slowly helped or my hubby made me ginger bread/ buscuits and use to leave a couple on the bedside table to nibble before I got up in the morning and I always took some in my handbag for when out places.

I hope the sickness will pass for you.

flowers

Whatdoidohelp Sat 05-Mar-16 15:32:09

Your GP was wrong. There are safe effective medications you can take. If you go to your GP again and they are shite go to triage where they will monitor how dehydrated you are etc and a doctor there will prescribe he drugs. Honestly. Your life will be changed by some meds!

Pinklily1 Sat 05-Mar-16 17:53:49

1more - yellow urine can be a sign you are dehydrated too. I know its hard, but try sipping little and often. Or maybe adding something to water to help it go down - i found adding a slice of lemon helped.

Also, the GP CAN give you medication for sickness. If you are struggling, go back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now