Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

This fecking hurts

(17 Posts)
sepa Thu 03-Mar-16 02:49:11

Been having contractions for about 3hrs now at 5ish minutes apart. I had painkillers at 2 but it hasn't helped. I'm in hospital as I was induced. What else can I do for the pain?
Midwife told me to just rest like it's that fecking easy

Sorry for the grouch-o. I haven't slept properly since my waters broke on Tuesday morning so I am being a grumpy bitch bum

outputgap Thu 03-Mar-16 02:50:05

Been offered gas and air? I lurves it.

31weeksgone Thu 03-Mar-16 02:52:10

Have an epidural, best thing ever! Didn't even hurt going in. Mine stopped working after 2h's, and I ended up doing it alone on gas which did f'all. Honestly, epidural was brilliant whilst it was working 👍🏻

31weeksgone Thu 03-Mar-16 02:54:35

Oh and good luck!!! grin hope baby arrives safely and you get some rest after labour. If it's not your first I don't want to patronise you, but if it is your first, PLEASE don't underestimate what your body has gone through. I'm not 31 weeks gone anymore, I have a 4 month old, the top tip is say no to visitors you don't like and just take it easy. Body needs to recover and enjoy beautiful baby flowers oh and a few other top tips, wee standing up/with a jug of water to take the sting away, and buy 100 more maternity pads as post labour bleeding is bloody heavy. You won't care though as you'll have beautiful baby winegrin

whifflesqueak Thu 03-Mar-16 02:55:38

oooh, I have no advice as I went straight for the epidural but how exciting!

if it's any consolation I am a tad envious as I am currently 38 weeks and trying to comfort a squirming toddler on my non-existent lap.

hope you get some decent pain relief and a kip flowers

sepa Thu 03-Mar-16 03:02:19

It is my first baby. I have loads of maternity pads but also my mum will be able to pick up whenever I need them.

I have told OH that only our parents and siblings are allowed to visit to begin with. Me, OH and baby need to spend the time together before OH has to go back to work and for me that's more important than other people needing to meet the baby.

No gas and air or anything been offered. I am on a ward still and OH went home at 9:30pm. 6-7hrs before he arrives!

sepa Thu 03-Mar-16 03:04:16

whiffles my waters broke at 38+5 so you could be soon!
God knows how you women do pregnancy with another child. Your all like super heroes

TurnOffTheTv Thu 03-Mar-16 03:20:04

How many cm are you? If you're not fussed about doing it naturally go for an epidural. I've had three and they are fab! I couldn't get one till 4cm though.

Champagneformyrealfriends Thu 03-Mar-16 04:25:58

Best of luck Sepa! Cheering you on as I lay here with insomnia!

sepa Thu 03-Mar-16 04:35:00

I'm not sure how far I am. My contractions are too irregular to check at the moment.
I have found a semi comfortable position sat up with my feet off the side of the bed with my head on the up right bed. Contractions don't feel so bad in this position so I have managed 20 mins of sleep

LilyRose16 Thu 03-Mar-16 16:33:45

Any progress yet Sepa? hope you are hanging in there!

KayTee87 Fri 04-Mar-16 15:09:08

How are you getting on sepa? I was going ton suggest a warm bath if the hospital can arrange it.

Junosmum Fri 04-Mar-16 16:56:52

If the room you are in has an en suite, get in the shower-as hot as you can comfortably stand. It's the only thing that helped me.

sepa Fri 04-Mar-16 18:52:49

Thank you ladies.
I was on an ECG machine and a drip so I wouldn't have been able to shower or anything.
Eventually had a emergency c-Ssction and welcomed our little girl into the world at 5:06 this morning

Champagneformyrealfriends Fri 04-Mar-16 19:02:46

Congratulations Sepa!!! flowers

1moretime Fri 04-Mar-16 20:31:40

Aww congratulations hun. Fab news xx

winewolfhowls Sat 05-Mar-16 19:15:18

Congrats!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now