Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

In awe of 20 week scan!

(9 Posts)
mellmumma Wed 02-Mar-16 22:41:59

Wow that was fricking amazing today! So so blown away by science and the human body!

Here is our very clear photo of our little baby.... Who we found out today is a little boy!!

On top of the world!
X

butterflylove16 Wed 02-Mar-16 22:45:57

Congratulations! I loved our 20 week scan (am now 24 + 2), even though our little one wouldn't in curl herself for ages - we had to go and come back later on haha! It's amazing to see how much she had changed from our last scan, watching her kick me and her strong little heartbeat pumping away smile it just makes everything seem a bit more real.

butterflylove16 Wed 02-Mar-16 22:46:17

Uncurl*

socktastic Thu 03-Mar-16 07:35:38

It's really amazing isn't it? The fact they can search around and tell you there's his lips or a kidney. All that has grown from 2 tiny cells!

You've got an amazing photo too op, our wee man decided to be camera shy and hid away in a corner with his back to us! No amount of wiggling or shaking would coax him out! We got an amazing photo of his spine!!

[image removed by MNHQ]

UnmentionedElephantDildo Thu 03-Mar-16 07:54:11

I am in awe of scanning technology.

It wasn't around for my DMum.

It's routine now and it's a life saver.

Well, sometimes. Not all anomalies are compatible with a good outcome, but finding out gives you options. In some cases life-saving options.

It must be one of the medical procedures with the biggest impact in the developed world in the last 50 years.

NotWithoutMyMerkin Thu 03-Mar-16 08:01:10

Socktastic your full name is visible on the scan pic. Just in case you weren't aware

frikadela01 Thu 03-Mar-16 08:06:27

I had to have a rescan be a due I have an awkward baby. Loved the second one. Sonographer was a male and had 2 people ask for women so I got seen earlier. He explained what he was measuring and seeing my babies little feet crossed over each other made me cry. Photo isn't brilliant though, like I said he's an awkward one

Everythinggettingbigger Thu 03-Mar-16 11:57:46

this is my 2nd but for some reason I felt much more in awe of how amazing it all is this time round at our 20 week scan! he even had his eyes open looking straight at us at one point!! im now 28 weeks and had a consultant appointment who helped me feel round my bump and pointed out which was which of what I was feeling!

socktastic Thu 03-Mar-16 18:03:14

I realised just after I'd posted it up so reported it and asked for image to be removed. Blaming baby brain!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now