Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12 week scan and confused

(4 Posts)
FigMango1 Wed 02-Mar-16 15:18:02

Hoping someone can advise me as I'm feeling very confused. I've had my 12 week scan at a private clinic. I didn't have any blood tests done. Should I have had them done?

The consultant just gave me the measurement and said its fine but was there supposed to be more than this? I received a letter a few days later with the same info. I keep reading about a score that must be calculated and blood tests and this wasn't done. I realized this only a few days after.

I had a nipt ( Serenity) done which came back all fine. I'm not sure if this covers the same blood tests and that's why it wasn't done. I'm going back in two weeks to pick up some meds so will ask then but in the mean time can someone tell me if this sounds ok or not? Thank you.

Everythinggettingbigger Wed 02-Mar-16 15:44:16

im now 28 weeks so 12 week scan is slightly hazy but im pretty sure I was sent for bloods after it. I also had bloods taken at booking in appointment when I was 8 weeks, did you have this done? can you get in touch with a community midwife if you are concerned.

LadyStark Wed 02-Mar-16 15:48:07

I think as the Serenity test is superior to the NHS blood tests they probably wouldn't bother. Give them a call and ask the question, best to make sure they haven't missed anything.

quitecrunchy Wed 02-Mar-16 21:34:15

NIPT is much more accurate than the combined test that uses a blood sample taken at 12 week scan, so that should be you covered for screening for chromosomal abnormalities. As the previous poster said though they normally take blood earlier on to check for other stuff like STDs, blood type etc - did you get that already?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now