Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

19 weeks and still suffering with sickness

(3 Posts)
cheekymummy89 Wed 02-Mar-16 11:58:22

I need advise
I'm currently 19 weeks and have been suffering with sickness since I was 6 weeks pregnant.
Docs and midwife won't prescribe me anything as they have no concerns but it's getting to the point where I'm sick after every meal and almost every drink. I've tried changing things I'm eating and started drinking more water. I don't have caffeine only decaf if I fancy a brew. Is there anything anyone can suggest I try, I've tried them bands but they didn't help not even a little. I've also tried ginger biscuits but they didn't help either.
Any advise is appreciated

BettyBi0 Wed 02-Mar-16 12:43:36

Sounds miserable. I had horrible sickness wth my first but Dr was happy to prescribe cyclizine. It didn't work for me but works for others. I lived on 7up and ready salted crisps as they were the only things that stayed down. Luckily for me the sickness went around 20 weeks and I had a nice window until 30 odd weeks.

Do you think you are managing to stay hydrated enough?

cheekymummy89 Wed 02-Mar-16 13:11:21

I mentioned medication but they just don't want to prescribe me it.
I drink plenty of fluids before and after I've been sick. Just can't figure out what's triggering it I've changed my diet so many times thinking it could be certain foods but nothing has helped. I have found if I drink lemonade it helps a bit especially at night. I might try salted crisps for my snacks instead, I have been eating crackers but after a while I get bored. I didn't suffer at all with my first had no symptoms with him but this time round I seem to have had everything lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now