Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fading lines and CB Digital stresses...

(12 Posts)
Writerwannabe83 Tue 01-Mar-16 17:16:46

Help me because I'm a nervous wreck!!!

I had a positive OPK on the 10th of February and got my first hint of a BFP ten days later on an IC on the 20th.

I have since been re-testing using IC, FRER's, ASDA own brand and CB (Standard and Digital). Yes, I am addicted.

However, the reason I keep testing is because I'm convinced something is wrong as I have zero symptoms and my lines aren't darkening.

It's been 10 days since my initial BFP and tests I have taken over the last few days have had fainter lines on them than my immediate BFP ones did.

As I got my first BFP ten days ago I assume I'm 12/13 days post implantation so would actually expect the lines to be quite strong by now?

I have taken 3 CB Digital tests over the last five days (the latest one was today with FMU) and they have all said only 1-2 weeks. Surely it should be higher if it's been 10 days since my first BFP seeing as they predict date of conception?

The first two 1-2 week results I got didn't bother me but the fact it isn't going up is now starting to worry me. When I was pregnant with DS I was having 3+ results by now.

I did an ASDA own brand yesterday and the line was quite faint whereas at 11dpo it was clearly a good BFP.

This can't be a good sign can it?

I'm seeing the ANP at my GP Surgery on Thursday (as we have to see her before we see the midwife) so I know I can discuss it with her but I was hoping that somebody here could reassure me and tell me how stupid CB Digitals are and how they do nothing but cause anxiety...

quitecrunchy Tue 01-Mar-16 21:13:42

Put the tests down woman! smile

I know your anxiety is very real (and completely normal) so I don't really mean to be so flippant. So many people drive themselves mental with the constant tests though! Those week indications on the CBs seem to be completely meaningless so I wouldn't let that worry you. Also I know myself that I took a test (just cos it was there) at 8 weeks and it looked no different to the one at 12 dpo!

If you haven't had any heavy red bleeding it's extremely likely that baby's doing just fine. If you're finding it very difficult to cope with the worry though you might be able to get the GP to test your blood hCG levels and retest after a few day to make sure they're rising as expected. I'm not sure what their policies are on doing this though when there aren't any physical causes for concern. Congratulations on your pregnancy by the way!

Mooney34 Wed 02-Mar-16 00:11:13

Hi all new to this
Was looking for abit of advice my period came a day early,very light and brown (sorry tmi )lasted 6 days on and off didn't feel right feeling sick tender breast got a test and it was positive 1-2 weeks done another one Week later and it read 2-3 weeks have I lost the baby or could this be an on going pregnancy
Hopefully some one has been throught this
Lost two Babies last July and Xmas
Hopefully this is going to be ok
Thanks

novemberchild Wed 02-Mar-16 01:43:19

The only way you can get real info is by a scan. Worrying about 'signs' and doing tests is not only expensive but also won't tell you anything concrete.

Your GP should be able to ask for this to be done at the local Early Pregnancy Unit.

quitecrunchy Wed 02-Mar-16 21:03:38

Mooney sounds good if you've had those positive tests after the bleed. Might've just been implantation. Tentative congratulations! Hope this one sticks.

An early scan might put yours and the OP's mind at ease but bear in mind that they might not see much if it's very early on.

Writerwannabe83 Wed 02-Mar-16 21:47:01

I took three tests this morning (all different brands) and they all came up as definite positives so do feel somewhat reassured.

I'm making an appointment tomorrow with the Nurse Practitioner tomorrow at my GP Surgery so I will just see what she says...

I will definitely have an early scan because I don't think I'm going to believe I'm pregnant until I see it!

novemberchild Wed 02-Mar-16 23:22:24

Mooney, get a scan, too, but please don't despair. I had bright red bleeding as well as brown spotting a couple of weeks ago, but saw a healthy six week pregnancy on the scan a few days later, and tentatively, I am still fine. I understand your fears, though, I miscarried last Xmas as well, so I know the pain and wish you the very best of luck x

Writerwannabe83 Thu 03-Mar-16 06:26:20

Three negative pregnancy tests this morning so I guess that's that sad

Mooney34 Thu 03-Mar-16 10:46:02

I'm so so sorry to hear that, hope ur ok writerwannabe83

Mooney34 Thu 03-Mar-16 10:48:30

Hi thanks for ur reply, doc said wait and see I have to do another test Tuesday because it be to early and they said they won't see any thing till I'm at least 6-7 weeks so fingers crossed it's positive and I can go from there
Thanks again for replying x

Mooney34 Thu 03-Mar-16 10:50:15

Ps Goodluck in ur pregnancy hope everything goes well novemberchild

m33r Thu 03-Mar-16 21:55:46

So sorry winter X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now