Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

food alternatives.

(9 Posts)
PeppaPigStinks Tue 01-Mar-16 15:08:57

After months of terrible sickness I am coming out the other side and managing to cut down my anti sickness stuff. BUT....

All I want to eat is rubbish. So I wondered if you could help me with a swaps list.

What can I swap choc biscuits for?
Packet of Crisps?
Chocolate?
Sweets?
Bread?

At this rate I will be the size of a house!

whiteychappers Tue 01-Mar-16 15:53:23

Ive been eating snack a jack rice cakes, the salt and vinegar ones are nice, they are better than eating crisps x

TattieHowkerz Tue 01-Mar-16 20:00:58

Wholemeal multi seed bread and Nutella for chocolate?

PeppaPigStinks Tue 01-Mar-16 20:31:17

Yes! They are great ideas. Thank you!

cluelessfirsttimer1 Wed 02-Mar-16 00:16:28

Packet of Crisps? Maybe try making your own veggie crisps? Recipes can be found online. The likes of sweet potato, parsnip and beetroot can be used to make crisps. I will admit that they are an acquired taste, but I seem to like all of the 'weird things' that hardly anyone else likes. U can flavour with ur own herbs and spices or even just plain sea salt.
Chocolate? Nothing beats chocolate I'm afraid. I don't think I could ever find an alternative for it, but in terms of cutting down, maybe chocolate covered nuts? Or a small handful of nuts with a couple of choc chips hidden in. Keep them in little tubs or bags in every bag you own for little cravings while out and about. I have a tub of dried apricots, choc chips and nuts what I take everywhere to stop the nausea and hunger until I manage to have a meal.
Sweets? Maybe Holland & Barrett or a local health store u could get sugar free ones of its the sugar that you are worried about? Also I've heard freezing grapes makes them harder so you think that they are hard boiled sweets (A tip lots of Slimming World members use) Maybe even just fruit as it might be your body's way of telling you that you need sugar?
Bread? Sorry no tips on that from me sad

cluelessfirsttimer1 Wed 02-Mar-16 00:20:36

I also noticed this online a couple of weeks back and saved it for future reference. It was on one of those diet shake pages but I guess it's trying to tell you what your body thinks it needs and what we think we need or want.
Might be helpful?

catsofa Wed 02-Mar-16 00:23:36

Home made popcorn instead of crisps?

sizethree Wed 02-Mar-16 12:24:06

What can I swap choc biscuits for? -
I've never been s fan of rice cakes and v sceptical of chocolate ones as always found the choc to be chalky and fake tasting, but highly recommend ones called Natures Store chocolate rice cakes. Really good and the chocolate tastes like proper chocolate.
Packet of Crisps? - Tesco and M&S do individual bags of popcorn. Yummy and much lower in fats.
Chocolate? - I went for the mini child's lunchbox sizes of choc buttons to help with portion size. Choc buttons are great as you can eat them one by one as they melt on your tongue instead of chomping through a thick Mars bar.
Sweets? - I snacked on those mini marshmallows you get on top of hot chocolate. Still sugary but fat content much lower and they don't stick to your teeth as much so better for dental health too.
Bread? - oatcakes maybe? Or toasted rye read pumpernickel. Really filling and great, for ahem, pregnancy related constipation!

PeppaPigStinks Wed 02-Mar-16 12:38:23

Thank you. I ended up in hospital and have eaten nothing other than jacket potatoes or chips for about 8 weeks. So the post about needing nutrients makes sense thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now