Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What is this?!

(13 Posts)
Maybug12 Tue 01-Mar-16 09:35:00

I woke up with a a strong braxton hick/period pain early this morning and have gone on to be sick 4 - 5 times and have an upset stomach. There is a stomach bug going around at the minute so I assumed it is that but now I'm not too sure and windering if it could be the start of labour? I keep having bad period type pains and tightenings but I would say they're happening too randomly for them to be contractions? When they happen this is what usually makes me sick or ending up on the toilet. I don't know how to distinguish between it being a stomach bug or potentially early labour? Feeling pretty rubbish though!!

Quills Tue 01-Mar-16 09:52:25

How many weeks are you? I would call the labour suite for advice if I were you, an upset stomach can often coincide with labour kicking off.

Maybug12 Tue 01-Mar-16 09:56:24

39 weeks today! I have heard of having an upset stomach before hand as a 'clearing out' but was unsure about the sickness as well. Will give my midwife a call in a bit I think!

MagpieCursedTea Tue 01-Mar-16 10:37:09

Make sure you're getting plenty of fluids in, being a bit dehydrated can cause Braxton Hicks I think. It could be labour though, good luck!

Dixiechick17 Tue 01-Mar-16 11:11:23

Stomach bug and cramping from a bug can irritate the uterus, so it could kick start things or just be a nasty bug. Hope you're better before it kicks off.

Dixiechick17 Tue 01-Mar-16 11:12:28

Can kick start if your body is ready to go that is. Obviously not saying that a tummy bug in pregnancy would kick of labour.

LucilleLeSueur Tue 01-Mar-16 11:24:49

I wouldn't say 39 weeks is early labour! Sounds like your body is getting everything ready. Exciting!

Lolababy00 Tue 01-Mar-16 11:46:23

Definitely could be the start ... I had terrible sickness the night before my DD was born .( 39+1)

BettyBi0 Tue 01-Mar-16 11:49:50

Good luck! I hope your midwife has some good advice for you. Sounds like the start of all the action to me but even if not it would be good to get checked out. Definitely check by phone first

FatimaLovesBread Tue 01-Mar-16 11:56:03

Lucille I'm guessing op meant the early stages of labour rather than being in labour early seeing as 39 weeks is full term

OP fingers crossed it's things kicking off

LucilleLeSueur Tue 01-Mar-16 12:17:51

Haha Fatima of course! Sorry OP, was getting confused (can I claim baby brain at 25 weeks with dc3?)

Good luck OP, can't wait to hear!

Maybug12 Tue 01-Mar-16 12:37:00

Thank you all for your messages! Sickness and upset stomach are wearing off and then randomly coming back, but it's not constant like it normally is with a stomach bug! Stomach & period type pains have also worn off but braxton hicks are still nice and strong!! Waiting to hear back from midwife, but I think I'm just going to rest up and hope it's not going to be a long, stop - start labour!!

Potkettleblack2 Tue 01-Mar-16 18:37:22

Rest while you can! I vomited a lot during labour-it's strange what your body does!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now