Talk

Advanced search

Bump softer at one side?

(11 Posts)
socktastic Mon 29-Feb-16 22:35:41

Not the first time I've noticed this, but now I'm bigger I've just noticed it more tonight. My left hand side down near my hips is a lot softer than my right hand side going from the hips and up over the bump itself.
Is this Norman?

socktastic Mon 29-Feb-16 22:36:02

Lol! Normal!!!
Certainly not calling the baby Norman!!

LillyBugg Mon 29-Feb-16 22:38:26

I'd say yes. It's most likely fluid you are feeling rather than baby. For example, where baby's back and bum is will feel far more solid than where the arms are. If that makes sense?

outputgap Mon 29-Feb-16 22:38:30

Is that because baby Norman is on the right hand side? Mine is more to the right. All the kicking is on the right.

socktastic Mon 29-Feb-16 22:39:40

Kicking has been fairly central tonight but Norman could have his back tucked away at the right and be kicking out into the space?
I secretly love my new code name for him!!

thisagain Mon 29-Feb-16 22:40:58

It sounds fine to me from my experience. Where the baby is curled up, the side where the baby's spine is would be harder so I'm guessing it's just down to the baby's position.

LuluJakey1 Mon 29-Feb-16 22:43:18

I noticed this and worried about it. Midwife said just DS's position. He is 14 months and absolutely fine.

tbtc20 Tue 01-Mar-16 00:06:00

It's normal, at least it was for both mine. Small and neat bump ie just baby and fluid, no fat on me. I could tell which way my little Normans were lying.
Big Norman is now 16 and Little Norman is 6.

Oh I'd love to feel a baby inside of me (soppy!).

twopinkkittens Tue 01-Mar-16 00:49:37

Totally normal smile

MrsPCR Tue 01-Mar-16 04:52:34

Normal. My placenta is on the right and so is most the baby. Right side of bump is rock solid and left is quite squidgy. This has started to give me problems in my right hip due to uneven weight distribution.

socktastic Tue 01-Mar-16 07:25:55

Thanks folks. Have to say there's less of a difference this morning but I guess where Norman moves, the hardness will move with him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now