Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Different pregnancy symptoms

(10 Posts)
itsalwaysme Mon 29-Feb-16 15:00:01

Hi everyone,

I'm about 5-6 weeks with my 2nd but its all different - last time was very sick from really early on, this time not at all.

This time starving all the time, and really really bloated every day. None of that last time.

Anyone else had completely different symtoms and all been ok?!

I'm a little stress head! sad

wonkylegs Mon 29-Feb-16 15:03:26

With my son I wasn't sick at all, this pregnancy I vomited every night in first trimester - I'm now 30 weeks, had a scan today and baby is looking spot on! My first trimesters with my son and this one were completely different.

Jenjen85 Mon 29-Feb-16 17:17:15

Me!!!! With my DD I was sick almost to HG stage from 6wks until 18wks I'm currently 14 weeks with DC2 and only vomited once but felt sick quite a bit. Everything was fine when we had our scan last week. My money is on a boy this time ha ha

itsalwaysme Tue 01-Mar-16 11:36:09

Thanks both, thats good to hear, just worry worry worry all the time! flowers

RedorBlack Tue 01-Mar-16 13:14:05

Exactly the same here, first pregnancy was really rough & had girl. This one is a doddle in comparison but I'm always starving. Had 20 week scan this morning & all good - and it's a boy!

Heirhelp Tue 01-Mar-16 14:09:54

Morning sickness occurs more in first than subsequent pregnancy. My morning sickness did not start until 6 weeks.

VocationalGoat Tue 01-Mar-16 14:11:11

It will kick in here OP. I was never sick before 8 weeks.

KittyandTeal Tue 01-Mar-16 14:16:06

I was really sicky feeling and exhausted with dd1. She's perfectly healthy

I was really very ill with dd2, low blood pressure, always cold, felt like I was walking through treacle, easily slept 14 hours a night. It never lifted and at 21 weeks we found out she had T18. Anecdotally people have said carrying a trisomy baby really takes it out of you.

I'm now 13 weeks with ds. Felt a little sick but not badly. Energy is generally back to normal. I've gone off coffee and eating loads of fruit and salad and savoury stuff.

This one feels very different to carrying either of the girls. I'm starting to believe the old wives tales about carrying boys and girls!

KatharinaRosalie Tue 01-Mar-16 15:14:38

Yes - not sick at all with DS; nauseous, couldn't stand food smells and could only lay on the sofa for 3 months with DD. They are both absolutely fine.

itsalwaysme Sun 06-Mar-16 05:26:06

Thanks everyone. Its all kicking in now! smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now