We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

baby bath options

(22 Posts)
applesvpears Mon 29-Feb-16 10:20:25

Has anyone used a 'shnuggle'? Not sure whether to get one if these or a regular bath.

Jellybean100 Mon 29-Feb-16 10:28:21

Interested to know as I was planning to buy one! They look good

Sanch1 Mon 29-Feb-16 10:40:36

We just used a standard baby bath for a couple months, ideal for putting on a table and saving your back! Then we just used the normal bath, ran an inch of water and just layed her in, she loved splashing about!

BumpPower Mon 29-Feb-16 10:44:50

I had a traditional plastic baby bath type thing (second hand 50p at an nct thing). Useful for baby but a God send as a bedet for me (to.wash areas that had stitches) after having the baby....

BearFeet Mon 29-Feb-16 15:20:19

We used these. Brilliant. No having to hold their head out the water. No slipping around.

Junosmum Mon 29-Feb-16 16:10:40

Get a cheap second hand bath - I honestly thought we'd use a baby bath and we did, for the first 4 weeks. Since then he's just got in with me once the water cooled sufficiently - I get 20mins of relaxing time before he comes in with me. The baby bath went up in the loft this weekend.

BikeRunSki Mon 29-Feb-16 16:11:35

I just used the sink !

dizzylemon Mon 29-Feb-16 16:13:55

BearFeet is that on of those big sponge matts? We've also gone for one of those.

It's also been said to us that it's probably better to just top and tail a baby for the first week or so with cotton wool and water as their skin is so sensitive.

adagio Mon 29-Feb-16 16:22:05

I inherited my SIL baby bath - otherwise wouldn't have bothered. I think I used it maybe 6 times with my eldest and 2 times so far with the youngest. It's s PITA to store (well, trip over frequently) and the children prefer a cuddle with me in the big bath than to shiver alone in the designated baby bath. Also seems wasteful to bin it, but not sure how to get rid of it 😁

If I didn't have it already, free, I would have gone straight to sink or big bath with a flannel/old towel at the bottom to soften it up a bit.

BearFeet Mon 29-Feb-16 18:43:34

Yes it is dizzy

StylishDuck Mon 29-Feb-16 18:52:17

We had an angelcare bath support. It was great and we used it until DD could sit up herself.

Artandco Mon 29-Feb-16 18:55:24

Just used sink here also then moved onto bath/ shower when bigger. Those baby baths take up loads of space when not in use

BeardMinge Mon 29-Feb-16 18:58:33

A friend passed on an angel care bath support that her baby loathed. It worked really well for us. Prior to that I'd washed her in the sink, or had her in the bath with me.

Bluecarrot Tue 01-Mar-16 01:49:30

Got a similar bath thing for dd2 but she hated it and I really couldn't see how she was supposed to get comfy in it. :/
Ended up with the foam thing mentioned above, which dd also hated... She just hates baths all round actually! A few weeks ago she fell in love with one in IKEA. She's 2. We bought it and use it for quick baths that are more utility than long fun baths!
Hung onto the bucket one. Might give it a go with dc3... But likely to stick with regular baby bath and foam support tbh.

ICJump Tue 01-Mar-16 02:02:02

We used the sink smile. Then shower or bath.

socktastic Tue 01-Mar-16 07:23:45

We got one from IKEA for £6.

SweetTeaVodka Tue 01-Mar-16 08:11:45

We used the washing up bowl twice and baby absolutely hated it so after that we followed my best friend's advice and put baby in the big bath with one of us - used to lay her along our legs or on our chests. Other parent on hand to take slippery wet baby before the parent in the bath stepped out. DD loved baths this way.

Once she was bigger if she needed a bath without us (vomit everywhere, covered in food when weaning) we used the kitchen sink.

No where to store a baby bath in our house and couldn't be doing with lugging a heavy basin full of water about the house anyway. Both the options above are far kinder on your back too!

wonkylegs Tue 01-Mar-16 08:24:40

I have a baby bath that comes with support bars so it sits on the top of your bath and saves your back. So it's a better height. It's also easy to then fill from the tap and has a plug so you can empty it straight into the bath so no lugging about heavy water. I can't remember where we got it from as we had it for DS. It was fab and when DS was tiny we used one of those fabric supports in it to help support him.

greenlizard Tue 01-Mar-16 10:52:40

Angelcare bath support here too. Great until he started rolling off it - then we just lay him down in the water and he could kick to his hearts content.

He also baths with us too or comes in the shower with one of us.

He loves water!

GoingLoopyQuickly Tue 01-Mar-16 13:22:26

We used a bath seat. We were given a plastic one and warmed it up by running the hot water over it while filling the bath up. I then found a summer bath seat which is more like a deck chair and that was great until DS could sit up on his own in the bath. Now he swims lengths!

seafoodeatit Tue 01-Mar-16 13:48:07

We're reusing a folding seat we used with DS, after a few months we'll just the bath.

MissTurnstiles Tue 01-Mar-16 23:49:13

We used a cheap bath support which was just towelling fabric around a frame. Really effective and an alternative to the angelcare. DD didn't fit into the rigid plastic style and they look horribly uncomfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now