Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm drinking vinegar. This isn't unsafe is it?!

(29 Posts)
Peppaismyhomegirl Sun 28-Feb-16 16:43:12

Hello! 17 weeks and have ateong cravings to sip vinegar. Regular malt vinegar. I pour a shot in a cup and sip it like a whiskey. I've googled but can't find any major risks but this isn't unsafe for the baby is it. The craving is so strong.

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 28-Feb-16 16:48:32

I think it's fine-I'm sure they recommend it for curing leg cramps grin

Remember that some people crave dry wall when they're pregnant!confused

Peppaismyhomegirl Sun 28-Feb-16 16:50:57

Ahhh I have jumpy legs really bad and they have passed and I'm sleeping better! How strange! I'm obsessed with it, it Tastes like a fine wine to me! Thank you

CrazyMary Sun 28-Feb-16 16:52:50

Tonic water or quinine is good for restless legs.

Peppaismyhomegirl Sun 28-Feb-16 17:00:16

Thank you!

Sunshine511 Sun 28-Feb-16 17:09:02

I feel your pain with this! I've been eating sugar! Straight from the jar shock trying to limit to 2-3 teaspoons a day!!

FellOutOfBedTwice Sun 28-Feb-16 17:10:33

When I was pregnant with DD I used to drink apple cider vinegar out of a wine glass- really craved it. She's mad and a bit loud but that probably wasn't a side effect of drinking vinegar! grin

Quietattheback Sun 28-Feb-16 17:12:30

I would think it's fine and apple cider vinegar is great if you fancy a change from malt.

Peppaismyhomegirl Sun 28-Feb-16 17:52:56

Great! Thank you. I'm gunna go down the vinegar isle and go wild!

Kathysclown Sun 28-Feb-16 18:01:41

I did too, glugged straight from the bottle any time of day or night......

I also craved lemonade ice lollies - the Waitrose own brand ones. They were very sour too, and I would get up in the middle of the night and go eat a couple...... I could get through a box of six a day, easily!

My DD now loves all things sour/citrus/vinegar.....!

lljkk Sun 28-Feb-16 18:06:08

It's bad for your teeth, best thru straw if you must.

flanjabelle Sun 28-Feb-16 18:08:11

How funny. When I was pregnant I craved tuna or any fish with tons of vinegar on it. I wonder why vinegar is something we crave?

KittyandTeal Sun 28-Feb-16 18:10:43

I imagine it's not dangerous but surely the heartburn after is fierce?! shock

ToffeeForEveryone Sun 28-Feb-16 18:13:08

Definitely swish water afterwards, vinegar dissolves everything - probably including tooth enamel shock

Peppaismyhomegirl Sun 28-Feb-16 18:13:37

I get the fish thing aswell, I've gone off meat can't touch the stuff but loads of fish with vinegar on aswell. I didn't have any cravings with my son so this is new to me: no heartburn yet but I had it terribly with my son so this may be out of the question in a few weeks. Did you vinegar craving ladies go on to have boys of girls? Just seeing d there's any pattern here maybe?!

Peppaismyhomegirl Sun 28-Feb-16 18:15:48

I'll get straws aswell, thanks for the heads up on the tooth thing!

Sophia1984 Sun 28-Feb-16 19:01:58

I've been drinking olive brine from the jar..

Notstayingup Sun 28-Feb-16 19:03:15

I craved salt and vinegar crisps - the square ones in both my pregnancies and anything really spicy (had 2 girls) - in fact anything sour - Thai hot and sour soup really hit the spot for me!!

amysmummy12345 Sun 28-Feb-16 19:05:43

Just thinking about it makes me want to down at least ten rennies confused

climbingcheesecake Sun 28-Feb-16 19:14:13

I have been craving salad with balsamic vinegar this week! It makes a nice change from the mountains of carbs that I have eaten before this

MissBeaHaving Sun 28-Feb-16 19:18:05

I used to drink vinegar on my eldest DD

MissBeaHaving Sun 28-Feb-16 19:22:42

Sorry posted by accident confused
My Dp was concerned so mentioned it at the consultant appointment & they just said not to drink to much of it.
I was obsessed with it & still use loads 20 odd years later.

Kathysclown Sun 28-Feb-16 19:26:51

Try pickling cucumber slices....... They hit the spot too!!

I also used to eat tinned tuna swimming in vinegar.

I had a girl when I had these cravings, followed by a boy when my cravings were still there but not so desperate......

MissBeaHaving Sun 28-Feb-16 19:29:03

Chunky chips swimming in vinegar and tons of Mayo,delicious!

AnneEyhtMeyer Sun 28-Feb-16 19:37:35

Oh I had this - and salt and vinegar crisps. Had a DD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now