Talk

Advanced search

I thought you're supposed to feel better in the third trimester :( is this normal?

(4 Posts)
macdat Sun 28-Feb-16 00:50:31

I had hyperemesis from very early on til around 27 weeks. I'm now 32 weeks and feeling really horrible again. Nowhere near as bad as before, but almost there. Throwing up, but not as much as when I had hyperemesis and nausea around the same level as I was before. Plus I've had a horrible migraine the past few days.

Everybody always kept saying the third trimester will be better, but I'm feeling so miserable. Is the third trimester really like this and everybody just said it'd be better to make a first time mum have a bit of hope? Or should I be worried?

Jenny70 Sun 28-Feb-16 01:36:17

Sorry to hear it's been so rough, but friends with hyperemesis have been sick until the day they delivered (my SIL took a bucket for the hospital trip).

Normal morning sickness usually eases by end of first trimester, but not in severe cases.

Sorry, don't want to quash hope, but be prepared this may not go away until baby arrives.

PeaceLoveAndJaffaCakes Sun 28-Feb-16 01:48:41

Are you over exerting yourself? I found I was being sick in the third trimester at work because I was wearing myself out.

differentnameforthis Sun 28-Feb-16 05:45:19

You need to get checked asap.

headaches that last longer than usual, and sickness that returns in the third trimester can be indicators of pre eclampsia.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now