Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

No Gestational Sac 8 weeks and Retroverted Uterus

(6 Posts)
HaggisnNeeps Sat 27-Feb-16 15:00:27

Hi all. Not sure if anyone can help or give advice? I had a private scan today. I should be about 8 weeks pregnant, but the sonographer couldn't find a gestational or a yolk sac or a foetal pole. My uterus lining is 2.2 mm and no free fluid was detected. Automatically I thought miscarriage (no bleeding or pain but nausea and fatigue subsided this last week). I called hospital but they have said it may not be detectable because of retroverted uterus. I know I will have to have a vaginal scan but I just don't know whether to have some hope or not?

whiteychappers Sat 27-Feb-16 17:07:01

I had a private scan this week (9 weeks). I have a tilted uterus, thankfully I hadn't drunk loads of water before hand (bad morning sickness) as sonographer said when your uterus is like that, your bladder can get in the way. I had an abdominal scan and did see the baby, albeit very blurred. Did they not do a vaginal scan at your private scan as mine had said on the phone that they cant always see abdominally and they might have to do a vaginal one as 8-10 weeks everything is still so small.

ffauxlivia Sat 27-Feb-16 17:14:29

I have a retroverted uterus and had scans at 5 weeks and 8 weeks where they were able to see everything - but they were both vaginal as they said there was no point doing an abdominal one so early. So I think the issue is probably the type of scan rather than the tilt of the uterus, so don't give up hope! After miscarrying myself (different pregnancy) I know how worrying it all is, fingers crossed for you flowers

HaggisnNeeps Sat 27-Feb-16 18:46:36

Thanks ladies X My bladder was empty when I first went in and then they made me fill it. I suppose I'm just clinging on the hope that there might still be something there xxx

novemberchild Sat 27-Feb-16 21:39:18

I'm not sure. I also have a retroverted uterus, and the NHS sonographer could see everything at 6 weeks with a vaginal scan. I think that would give you proper info.

CityMole Sat 27-Feb-16 23:41:57

When I was scanned at ten weeks +5 they could see nothing with the abdominal scan because of tilted uterus- it took seconds to see the fetus with the transvaginal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now