Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Panicking !!

(11 Posts)
Glitterball86 Sat 27-Feb-16 10:51:27

Hello,
I am majorly panicking today even though yesterday I felt calm and reassured!
I started spotting brown blood on Thursday which had progressed to slightly heavier red bleeding yesterday.
I went to EPU expecting the worst and had an internal scan - all fine saw a teeny baby with a heartbeat and measuring 6 weeks and 4 days she said all looked good - gestational sac was a bit smaller than she would have liked to seen at this stage but wasn't worried.Saw all the bleeding as well - couldn't explain what this was but again said wasn't worried as baby in right place etc and they will scan me again in two weeks all fine! So why oh why can't I stop worrying - I'm still bleeding - not loads and it certainly isn't heavy not had any cramps either and still feeling sick (I had Hyperemises in previous pregnancy so expecting this to rear its ugly head again at some point) just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience of this which ended well or not so well? I know panicking won't help and what will be will be but I'm a worrier at the best of times :/ thank you in advance smile

macdat Sun 28-Feb-16 00:59:05

I haven't personally had this, but a close friend had it with her last two pregnancies and I've seen it quite a bit on this site. My friends pregnancies were fine, and both babies were born with no complications. A lot of other people have been fine on here too.
From what I have seen, apparently brown blood means it's old blood just clearing out and it's fresh red blood that is more of a concern. That being said, with the very last pregnancy of my friend, she did have some fresh red blood very early on and was very worried, but it turned out to be fine. She did go to hospital with it to ask what was wrong, but they sent her away and told her not to worry (didn't explain why)

If it's not heavy, you're not cramping, and they've told you not to worry, you should probably be fine. Good luck with everything, hope it all goes well for you.

5hell Sun 28-Feb-16 08:08:35

flowers OP... i'm currently 35+5 after a v worrying first 12w (and a MC a few months before this bfp) ...i had breakthrough bleeding at ~4w, and then episodes of bleeding at 6, 7 and 8w! I got an early scan at 8w and saw hb, which was some comfort, but the worry didn't really stop until 20w.

I was told to take it easy, no sex, no heavy lifting or strenuous exercise (until 12w scan).

After that shaky start I've been v lucky to have a fairly easy pregnancy smile

look after yourself and good luck

Glitterball86 Tue 01-Mar-16 15:41:52

Thank you smile keeping everything crossed!

AliceThrewTheFookingGlass Tue 01-Mar-16 15:50:42

Unfortunately my experience of this didn't end so well.

I had brown bleeding starting at about 6 weeks and a scan at the EPU showed a healthy baby with a good heart beat, however the sac was measuring slightly small in comparison to the baby. The bleeding continued and I had in total of 3 scans showing a heartbeat over about a month but the sac was measuring small each time. sadly miscarried at around 11 weeks. I didn't experience any cramps until the final week when it was confirmed and the MC had properly started.

For any bleeding in pregnancy I would hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Best wishes OP and I hope your story is happier than mine! thanks

Glitterball86 Tue 01-Mar-16 17:51:08

I'm so sorry for your loss!! flowersTo be honest , and probably not the best way to look at it, I have prepared for the worst and then anything else is a bonus because that's how I tend to deal with things in RL (rightly or wrongly) my sac was measuring small however she said she wasn't concerned at this stage because of how early it is in the pregnancy but I guess the next scan will reveal all. I am not sure how I'm remaining so calm and trying to be positive but my LO is 6 months old so I have to keep going for him either way smile

AliceThrewTheFookingGlass Tue 01-Mar-16 18:55:56

Thank you. I personally think that's the best way of looking at it. I would much rather prepare for the worst and have a pleasant surprise than plan for the best and be crushed by disappointment. I should alsonclarify that my sac wasn't just measuring small it was specifically measuring small in comparison to the baby. From what I gather the baby was growing at a normal rate but the sac was slow and couldn't 'catch up' they didn't say so but I assume this was the cause of the MC.

My LO had just turned 1 at the time and the whole thing dragged on for over a month so I know how it feels to have keep a brave face for your children when you're worried or scared. It's hard. Make sure you do talk about your feelings and worries with your partner though. It's not good to bottle things up completely.

I hope I haven't worried or scared you any more than you already are. I know that sharing bad experiences can sometimes be frowned upon on here, but I think it's important to know all of the realistic possibilities. I find it makes things easier to deal with IYKWIM? But that may just be me!

Do you have another scan booked? I have everything crossed for a positive outcome for you glitter and If you ever fancy a chat or anything please feel free to PM me smile

Glitterball86 Tue 01-Mar-16 19:16:58

Thank you for replying, that's really lovely!
Ah it's all so confusing I called the EPU at the weekend and described my bleeding as it had worsened but they said as I wasn't cramping or soaking a pad in an hour they weren't too concerned, I'm still very hmmmm!
I have another scan booked for
Next Friday so trying to stay away from Google and not think about it too much until then smile

Glitterball86 Tue 01-Mar-16 19:24:11

Bleeding seems to have stopped completely now - very strange!!!

AliceThrewTheFookingGlass Tue 01-Mar-16 20:22:46

That's good! Hopefully that's the end of the bleeding completely now.

I've just had to pick up 300 plastic sodding balls from DS1s ball pit for the 5th time today. I don't know wether to be angry at my grandma for buying him it or be angry at myself for suggesting she buys it! grin

Glitterball86 Tue 01-Mar-16 20:37:55

Fingers crossed!!

Haha balls, they are always a good idea at the time lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now